Can't Get PNY GTS450 Video to Work

sreilly24590

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
I bought my components several weeks ago and started building the system. This is a Windows 7 64 bit system. My first mistake was using two 4GBs memory kits. Resolved that with 16GB kit. From the beginning I have not been able to get my new PNY GTS450 video card to work on this system. Tried an Asus 210 Silent and the current Galaxy GT430 without issues. But still no go with the GTS450. I swapped the card with another identical GST450 video card and it worked fine in the other computer. The video driver for the GT430 is the same for the GTS450 so the latest driver is installed. I swapped power supplies and no difference. The current PSU is a new Antec PT-650. I've tried several of the PCI-e power connections and no difference. I'm at a standstill on this. Asus support wasn't able to resolve this either. Any suggestions greatly welcomed.

Thanks,

Steve

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Are you saying the GTS 450 you bought works in a different computer, or the other computer's GTS 450 works in your computer? If your card doesn't work in the 2nd computer, it's probably the card.
Either way, always fresh install the video drivers after the card you intend to use is installed. Even if it's the 'same' driver. The driver structures itself as per the cards components and capabilities.

sreilly24590

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

What I am saying is that the video card works in another computer that also has the same model video card. What does not happen with this Asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard, or the first one that was defective, is any display at all. The monitor stays blank with either of the two PNY GTS 450 video cards that do work in another computer. Only when I installed the Galaxy GT430 video card or the Asus 210 Silent video card could I get a display at all. I also double checked the power supply and the PCIe connector is good but for good measure I installed a second PCIe lead to the Antec TP-650 PSU.