Sign in with
Your question

Verbatim external hard drive does not connect when plugged

Last response: in Storage
March 3, 2013 7:15:23 PM

My verbatim external hard drive does not connect to my Macbook or iMac when I turn it on and plug it. I don't know what to do. Both back ups are on it...
March 11, 2013 1:56:32 AM

Derekery said:
What do you mean by "does not connect to my Macbook or iMac"? Doesn't show in "My Computer" or "Disk Management" after plunging or something else?

@Dekery It simply does not show up. I've now tried plugging it on 4 different computers (PC's and Mac). The power source seems to be working fine (e.g The green light turns on and I can hear the disk trying to read info), but there isn't any connections with the usb wire. The drive does not show up in my finder...

To my knowledge I haven't dropped or damaged it. I want to know if there is a way to retrieve my data...

Thanks for your help
m
l
April 7, 2013 1:34:06 AM

anthony514touch said:
Derekery said:
What do you mean by "does not connect to my Macbook or iMac"? Doesn't show in "My Computer" or "Disk Management" after plunging or something else?

@Dekery It simply does not show up. I've now tried plugging it on 4 different computers (PC's and Mac). The power source seems to be working fine (e.g The green light turns on and I can hear the disk trying to read info), but there isn't any connections with the usb wire. The drive does not show up in my finder...

To my knowledge I haven't dropped or damaged it. I want to know if there is a way to retrieve my data...

Thanks for your help

m
l
Related resources
April 7, 2013 1:35:41 AM

I am having the same problem, anthony if you find a solution PLEASE come back on here and let me know. I have tons of info on mine and I need it desperately. I am pretty pissed at Verbatim as I am getting no answers from them. Thanks in advance
m
l
April 7, 2013 1:38:22 AM

Derekery said:

The question was pretty clear!! You did not respond to Anthony, so I take it you do not have an answer?
m
l
April 8, 2013 6:06:58 PM

I have the same problem.....bahhhh!!!
Littleyogikin R said:
Derekery said:

The question was pretty clear!! You did not respond to Anthony, so I take it you do not have an answer?

m
l
!