Massive rage stemmin from Lack of working GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midean

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Hey guys.
I built a system and reformatted the HDD and such. All was good!
However, I then tried to play a game. It's not specific which, because I've tried SEVERAL (across several gaming platforms, as well as some non-tied games).
So, when I try to play a game, the display driver crashed! I then tried to reload drivers, sweeping the old. I tried turning the fan speed up! I then ran a GPU stress test (both evga's and a furmark) for 30 minutes. Came back.
Driver still crashes.
Did I just get screwed with my card? Or another piece of hardware?
-Shawn

Specs:
Intel core i5-760 (stock)
4GB G. Skill DDR3 1333Mhz
Gigabyte P55-USB3
EVGA Nvidia 9800GT 512MB.

Solution
Hey Midean,

Try driversweeper, removing all traces of your current drivers and use the ones on the Disc.

Just curious to see if that makes any difference. If not, I'd wager you have a bad card.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hey Midean,

Try driversweeper, removing all traces of your current drivers and use the ones on the Disc.

Just curious to see if that makes any difference. If not, I'd wager you have a bad card.

Solution

Midean

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Alas, I did that at EVGA's request.
After contacting them (and due to this being my second RMA in less than a year), they'll be sending me a new (upgraded!) Video card.
Happy am I.

Midean

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
The defective card(s) were 9800GT's. I'm not quite sure what they're sending (they don't even know) but it will be greater to the value of the 9800 when I first purchased it (which was about 155 dollars).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS