Camera/Flash Mismatch

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 15, 2005 2:32:25 PM

I own an Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom digital camera, and recently bought a
Nikon Speedlight SB-16 flash for it.

As those of you who are more astute than I am will know, the Nikon flash
unit is incompatible with my camera.

Is there any kind of adapter unit available to enable my using these two
items together?

Thanks,

Charles Varner
Hilton Head Is., SC

More about : camera flash mismatch

January 15, 2005 8:39:10 PM

"Charles Varner" <cevarner@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> I own an Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom digital camera, and recently bought a
> Nikon Speedlight SB-16 flash for it.
>
> As those of you who are more astute than I am will know, the Nikon flash
> unit is incompatible with my camera.
>
> Is there any kind of adapter unit available to enable my using these two
> items together?
I'll bet you bought the version of the SB-16 which has the F3 foot. The ISO
foot is the only one which has any chance of working with your camera.
The part number is AS-9. These could be very difficult to find because the
SB-16 has not been in the catalog for several years. The AS-9 was always
expensive.
Jim
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 12:43:23 AM

<Is there any kind of adapter unit available to enable my using these two items
together?>

There's nothing which will enable the kind of flash-camera dialogue you need
for full camera TTL/OTF exposure control. The best you could achieve would be
to have the flash fire a full burst when you trip the camera's sutter release.

<I own an Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom digital camera, and recently bought a
Nikon Speedlight SB-16 flash for it.>

Why'd you buy a Nikon (particularly this oldie) for your Olympus in the first
place?
- --

regards,
Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video