will1e

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
hi to all, looking for some advice please, i,m putting a pc together for my son and have managed to get a asus m3n78 rev 1.02g motherboard with a amd phenom quad 9950 cpu. and a m3a-h/hdmi motherboard with a amd athlon 64 x 2 dual core 5200+ 2.71ghz cpu. was wandering which one would be the best i thought the first option might be but think its the older of the two but not too sure . it would be running xp (mce) and 3gb ram any help would be grately apptrecieted thanks

suteck

Distinguished
Can you put the quad core in the m3a-h/hdmi motherboard? It's the same socket and that board supports the phenom. I like the m3a better because it has more pci slots and 1 more sata connector. Also, It looks like there are more internal headers for usb support. Not only that but the hdmi connection looks more secured than the m3n.

suteck

Distinguished
So he would have to build it, start it up, check and update the bios in their not already 803. them switch the cpu? Well, sounds like a lot of trouble but it would be worth it to me.

I've rebuilt (10) PC's in (1) night once it was determined the, in my case the GA-X58A-UD3R had a newly found issue with SSD + RAID. Pulling a couple CPU's, if that's the OP's 'plan', is no big deal. Use the time to clean the HSF and replace the thermal paste - maintenance.

TRENDING THREADS