Psu problems/general question

Hi i have a asrock g31m-s(fsb 1600,ddr2 800, dual channel) motherboard i have had problems with my psu
my pc kept blacking out & switching off, restarting etc.. Now it refuses to turn on :( I think its to do with the psu not being powerful enough??
the psu my pc came with is a FH-Power supply, Model:450w (Ac input: voltage: 115v :current :frequency
230v 8A 50 - 60hz
4A
I also have a aardwolf fan for the motherboard! Anyhow i guess i would like to know if the above stats are good enough for my pc?? As, i am thinking of getting a 500w psu called: thermaltake TR2 W0093. Would this be good enogh for my pc?? And is the psu the proplem why my pc does´nt work?? It would be great if someone in this forum could help me it would be much appreciated. Oh, by the way, my graphic card is a (geforce 9600gt OS: windows xp home 4g ram )

thanx in advance and have a great day :)
5 answers Last reply
More about problems general question
  1. Stay away from Thermaltake psu's especially the entry level models.
    Buy a Corsair CX500 or an Antec BP or Neo in the same wattage range.
  2. davcon said:
    Stay away from Thermaltake psu's especially the entry level models.
    Buy a Corsair CX500 or an Antec BP or Neo in the same wattage range.

Agree and not.

Thermaltake has some good PSUs, but the TR2 line is mostly crap.
  3. most of the termaltake powersupplys arent reliable, most corsair or seasonic powersupply keep a solid , constant power feed, also silverstone and be quiet in europe are quite good, we in the us or canada cant get be quiet but we can buy silverstone ps :D, also the coolermaster silent pro gold 600watt is quite good with a 80+ gold rating, and has been reviwed and recommanded alot,

xfx have solid powersupplies such as the single railed XFX 650 W XXX Edition Power Supply

found for under 100$ is quite good, the cooler master silent pro gold 600w, is found under 125$ ,

but honestly for the price the xfx is a solid winner with a 80+ bronze rating
  4. I'd put the Antec Neo and BO series in the undesirable category .... so does jonnyguru (6.5 rating on the Neo).

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=117

Stick to the Antec TP series, Corsair TX series for a good PSU; need a great PSU, Corsair AX, HX / Antec SG, CP, HCP series / XFX Black Edition / Seasonic X series all fo which have garnered 10.0 ratings on jonnyguru.com

If uya check here, you'll see Thermaltake has nailed quite a few 9.5 ratings

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=Search
    <Type "Thermaltake" in the box and select "reviews" radio button to search>

Toughpower Grand 750 = 9.0
    Toughpower XT 775 = 9.5
    Toughpower XT 750 = 9.5
    Toughpower XT 850 = 8.0
  5. yes but those are specific thermal take powersupplies, and they are in the area of more expensive powersupplies, there cheaper ones arent so reliable, my point being that
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Motherboards Components