Your question

Psu problems/general question

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Motherboards
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 15, 2011 12:02:56 PM

Hi i have a asrock g31m-s(fsb 1600,ddr2 800, dual channel) motherboard i have had problems with my psu
my pc kept blacking out & switching off, restarting etc.. Now it refuses to turn on :(  I think its to do with the psu not being powerful enough??
the psu my pc came with is a FH-Power supply, Model:450w (Ac input: voltage: 115v :current :frequency
230v 8A 50 - 60hz
4A
I also have a aardwolf fan for the motherboard! Anyhow i guess i would like to know if the above stats are good enough for my pc?? As, i am thinking of getting a 500w psu called: thermaltake TR2 W0093. Would this be good enogh for my pc?? And is the psu the proplem why my pc does´nt work?? It would be great if someone in this forum could help me it would be much appreciated. Oh, by the way, my graphic card is a (geforce 9600gt OS: windows xp home 4g ram )

thanx in advance and have a great day :) 

More about : psu problems general question

a c 275 ) Power supply
a c 117 V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 6:38:44 PM

Stay away from Thermaltake psu's especially the entry level models.
Buy a Corsair CX500 or an Antec BP or Neo in the same wattage range.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 302 V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 6:59:49 PM

davcon said:
Stay away from Thermaltake psu's especially the entry level models.
Buy a Corsair CX500 or an Antec BP or Neo in the same wattage range.

Agree and not.

Thermaltake has some good PSUs, but the TR2 line is mostly crap.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 7:09:58 PM

most of the termaltake powersupplys arent reliable, most corsair or seasonic powersupply keep a solid , constant power feed, also silverstone and be quiet in europe are quite good, we in the us or canada cant get be quiet but we can buy silverstone ps :D , also the coolermaster silent pro gold 600watt is quite good with a 80+ gold rating, and has been reviwed and recommanded alot,

xfx have solid powersupplies such as the single railed XFX 650 W XXX Edition Power Supply

found for under 100$ is quite good, the cooler master silent pro gold 600w, is found under 125$ ,

but honestly for the price the xfx is a solid winner with a 80+ bronze rating
m
l
a c 148 ) Power supply
a c 230 V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 7:10:58 PM

I'd put the Antec Neo and BO series in the undesirable category .... so does jonnyguru (6.5 rating on the Neo).

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

Stick to the Antec TP series, Corsair TX series for a good PSU; need a great PSU, Corsair AX, HX / Antec SG, CP, HCP series / XFX Black Edition / Seasonic X series all fo which have garnered 10.0 ratings on jonnyguru.com

If uya check here, you'll see Thermaltake has nailed quite a few 9.5 ratings

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=Search
<Type "Thermaltake" in the box and select "reviews" radio button to search>

Toughpower Grand 750 = 9.0
Toughpower XT 775 = 9.5
Toughpower XT 750 = 9.5
Toughpower XT 850 = 8.0

m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 7:19:58 PM

yes but those are specific thermal take powersupplies, and they are in the area of more expensive powersupplies, there cheaper ones arent so reliable, my point being that
m
l
!