Gtx 460 or Somthing better than 5450

G

i am looking to upgrade my graphics card, right now i have 5450 and the games i am trying to play , even on low settings are meh. So , i currently have a 300w PSU, which i will replace with a 650w that i have. i would like to spend $250 or less on a card that i would see a difference in play with, the 5450 is just not cutting it for me anymore, any help would be appreciated

i have a HP pav Elite
AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.00GHz
8Gigs of Ram

G

Well out of a gtx 460 or a 5450 yeah , i meant more is there somtheing else on par with the 460 out there that would be good or better for gaming, i mainly play MMO's , and i'm mainly looking to get FFIV working without it taking 10 minutes for NPCs to show up on my screen...

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Well out of a gtx 460 or a 5450 yeah , i meant more is there somtheing else on par with the 460 out there that would be good or better for gaming, i mainly play MMO's , and i'm mainly looking to get FFIV working without it taking 10 minutes for NPCs to show up on my screen...
No other card in that price range comes close to the performance of a GTX 460.

Helltech

Distinguished

Unfortuanatly if you want to play on max settings I don't see a GTX460 being enough, I mean I lag at max settings with my GTX260 SLI.

However at its price range, you won't find better than a GTX460 regardless.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

It depend on the resolution.The 1GB GTX 460 will run any game at max settings at 1680x1050.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Ummm....no. Not any game. My OC'd HD5850 surely won't play ANY game on max settings at 1680x1050.

Apparently you've never played STALKER or Crysis.
What are you saying? It surely can run any game(except perhaps GTA IV ;) ).Of course you'll have to have 2x or 4x AA at most(which is enough).And games like Metro 2033 will struggle with all DX11 eye candy enabled on anything less than an SLI setup.Only other problem will be if you run PhysX games on it.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/180

TRENDING THREADS