DAMN big CONFUSION!!!!

CoNFUPECS

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
hello, m from india...

well i am planning to buy a new gfx card.

my budget is RS 8k-9k(>200$s)

well i am stuck between these cards-HD 4850, geforce gts 250, hd 5770 and 9800 gtx.

i want a card from these that can run MOST games with at least 85% of the eye candy turned on and will be lag free(an fps of 35+)
with a minimum resolution of 1024*768.

the problem is i know that both the hd's got enough punch to knock out or atleast have a head on fight with the nvidia troopers.but i the nvidia guys have their secret weapon- PhyX.

i've read a lot of reviews on these soldiers. so i know how much they can do. but u see i was all set to buy the 4850 but after having a glance at the benchmarks of batman AA (one with psyx n other without it) and the difference was huge. they barely managed 20 fps(read some where here only).

now i wanna know whether i would get any,ANY decent PhyX performance if i install a 9400 GT(PCI) or 9500GT(PCI)(since i have only 1 PCI-E).
from sparkle. i would not conntct it to the monitor.

by decent performance i mean it should take off at least 60% of the phyx processing load off my main gfx.and can i add in a discrete PPU.

my rig-
1*2 GB 800mhz kingston RAM (dual ch)
intel pentium E5400 (oc to 3.2 ghz)

gigabyte mobo based on an intel G41 chip.

A crosair 450w PSU.

HD5770 is the fastest card from 4 options above, your PSU should handle that card just fine.
AS for RAM, add another RAM (2x 2GB run on dual channel mode) so your system is faster than before.
Only a few games that get benefit from PhysX card like Batman AA, so i think a single HD5770 is just enough.
What is exactly the max resolution of your monitor?

A 9600GT can handle PhysX as a dedicated card. I'm using a GT 240 which is basically a 9600GT on a smaller die. Not sure how PCI vs PCIe will affect it.

IMO get the 5770 for sure. PhysX is only available in a handful of decent/good games. Plus if you need to you can always get the PhysX card (with a hack you can run dedicated PhysX along with ATI cards as I am doing)

The E5400 is a good overclocker tho. If he could take it up a bit higher it'll reduce any bottlenecks. But I agree, no point going for a higher end card than 5770.

Also not sure what exacly is meant by "1*2 GB RAM" does this mean two 1gb RAM chips, so 2gb total? In that case I would also definitely consider doubling it and upgrading to a 64bit OS. If the budget is tight, maybe go with the 4850 or GTS250 and RAM, and if possible get the OS. Even with a 32bit OS you'll still have ~3.5gb so it's not quite as important to go up to 64bit but it will unlock the full potential of 4gb RAM. Plus, with a 5770 you need at least Vista I think for DX11, but Win 7 is just a better OS than Vista so IMO get Win 7 64bit as an upgrade... of course I'm assuming here the OP is on XP maybe Vista 32, but that's just a guess.

CoNFUPECS

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
well thanks 2 u guys, i've decided on the 5770 and adding another 2GB RAM................but i'll have 2 wait for a new processor since i would run out of green paper.................now i need one more suggestion

About the cpu i.e.

well my mobo supports processors with 1333 Mhz FSB.............................

so which one would give a better value for money and gaming (m not a heavy multitasker)..............

intel core 2 duo E7500, E8400

ot the intel core 2 quad Q6600, Q8400

i would get them within about 8k here(have 2 wait a lil longer)

and one of u asked about my monitor??

well it's an 19" LCD and supports a resolution of 1920*1080

CoNFUPECS

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010

the price of GTX 460( 1GB GDDR5 256-width bit) is some where about 15k

and the 768 with 192-width bit would cost around 13k.

For 1080p, the 5770 should be pretty good for you. Again, won't max out games but it'll hold it's own. Later on, if you have another PCIe lane you could crossfire a second one maybe.

As for CPUs, definitely get a quad core. Either one will be ok, and if you OC them to over 3ghz, say 3.4, they'll perform quite well for gaming.

Good call on getting some more RAM. Just remember you need a 64bit OS to use all 4gb, with a 32bit OS you'll only get 3.5gb or so. Still good, tho.

CoNFUPECS

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
thanks everyone i decided 2 get thee q6600............

and i am thinking of upgrading my whole rig after a year or so......m waitin for better processors, cards, ram etc etc

and i am sure i would seek help in this forum

thanks again and keep up the good work :) :) :).

TRENDING THREADS