Solved

What form factor is this?

15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what form factor this
  1. You cannot tell by using CPU-Z.
  2. its probably proprietary and wont fit in those cases
  3. neonneophyte said:
    its probably proprietary and wont fit in those cases


    http://www.ascendtech.us/itemdesc.asp?ic=MBDELM017GIDSMB&eq=&Tp=

    If this is your board then yes it'll fit fine. It's micro-ATX G45 chipset... so don't worry all is well.
  4. jsc said:
    You cannot tell by using CPU-Z.

    Why's that?
  5. RussK1 said:
    http://www.ascendtech.us/itemdesc.asp?ic=MBDELM017GIDSMB&eq=&Tp=

    If this is your board then yes it'll fit fine. It's micro-ATX G45 chipset... so don't worry all is well.

    Ya, I think that's it, the reason I'm asking is because I'm first going to buy the case. Then I'll save for the mobo, processor, RAM, cooler, etc. as I don't have much money right now. If you don't mind me asking, what case would you recommend?
  6. Best answer
    Anonymous said:
    Ya, I think that's it, the reason I'm asking is because I'm first going to buy the case. Then I'll save for the mobo, processor, RAM, cooler, etc. as I don't have much money right now. If you don't mind me asking, what case would you recommend?


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066&Tpk=antec%20300%20illusion

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352007

    Here's Tom's review: read the whole thing.~

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-cpu-sli-ssd,3031-5.html

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/microatx-gaming-overclocked,3039.html
  7. RussK1 said:

    Erm, don't laugh at me, but I kind of like this case:
    http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/phantom
    Would everything be compatible? I know the mobo probably will because the specs say E-ATX, ATX, MICRO-ATX, and BABY AT (What's BABY AT?). But what about the fan? Thanks, you've been really helpful.
  8. Anonymous said:
    Erm, don't laugh at me, but I kind of like this case:
    http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/phantom
    Would everything be compatible? I know the mobo probably will because the specs say E-ATX, ATX, MICRO-ATX, and BABY AT (What's BABY AT?). But what about the fan? Thanks, you've been really helpful.


    That's a nice case, everything will fit fine.
  9. Baby AT? Not sure but it's probably an acronym for "baby" ATX. Nevertheless don't worry about it.
  10. RussK1 said:
    That's a nice case, everything will fit fine.

    Ok so that's cool. So is there anything else I've got to worry about when picking a case? Because if not then I'll order the case :D
  11. Anonymous said:
    Ok so that's cool. So is there anything else I've got to worry about when picking a case? Because if not then I'll order the case :D


    just try to get cases made of steel, offer cable management, mobo-cutout, upgradability, etc... and read reviews. Stick with known companies like - corsair, nzxt, antec, etc and you'll be fine.
  12. RussK1 said:
    just try to get cases made of steel, offer cable management, mobo-cutout, upgradability, etc... and read reviews. Stick with known companies like - corsair, nzxt, antec, etc and you'll be fine.

    Ok, thanks. I've read a few reviews on the NZXT Phantom and it performed well enough. So I'll probably get it but I was wondering when I inevitably upgrade my motherboard will USB 3.0 work with the Phantom? Because the MSI motherboard I was thinking about buying has usb 3.0 but the case has usb 2.0. How would that work out? I'm a little bit confused... :??:
    Also I'm confused because one review says it has a molex connector and I don't know if I have molex on my psu...
    Here's the model number...
    AGI-U580UB
    Sorry for being a nuisance :??:
  13. Anonymous said:
    Ok, thanks. I've read a few reviews on the NZXT Phantom and it performed well enough. So I'll probably get it but I was wondering when I inevitably upgrade my motherboard will USB 3.0 work with the Phantom? Because the MSI motherboard I was thinking about buying has usb 3.0 but the case has usb 2.0. How would that work out? I'm a little bit confused... :??:
    Also I'm confused because one review says it has a molex connector and I don't know if I have molex on my psu...
    Here's the model number...
    AGI-U580UB
    Sorry for being a nuisance :??:



    Typically if the board comes with a USB 3.0 header they'll have a front bracket with the ports that you install into one of the front 5.25" external expansion bays. Pretty easy, actually easier to install than a cd/dvd drive intself...

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImage=13-157-231-Z05&SpinSet=13-157-231-RS&ISList=13-157-231-Z01%2c13-157-231-Z02%2c13-157-231-Z03%2c13-157-231-Z04%2c13-157-231-Z05&S7ImageFlag=1&Item=N82E16813157231&Depa=0&WaterMark=1&Description=ASRock%20P67%20EXTREME6%20%28B3%29%20LGA%201155%20Intel%20P67%20SATA%206Gb%2fs%20USB%203.0%20ATX%20Intel%20Motherboard

    ...my machine
  14. Best answer selected by iTryHard.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Cases Cooling Product