Windows wont recognize 6 cores only 4

If you just stuck in a new chip without a clean install you may have to go into msconfig and tell it to use all the cores.

Go to Start search for msconfig and open it. Go to boot tab then Advanced options tick the number of processors box and see if it allows you to set it to 6.

darkphate

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
to saaiello i did try to go to advanced boot options only showed 4 but now im even worse off. i do have a drive back up on my f drive. so if i reinstall ill be able to restore all my files i hope. i am running the lastest bios update and 64bit.

when i do a start up repair it says repair is sucessful and that the root cause found is the partition table does not have a valid system partition

darkphate

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
its too late i went with reinstall ill just restore my files from my back up drive if not im keeping my old files and ill extract what i need format the drive then do another reinstall thank you guys./

darkphate

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010

how do i do this?
okay i changed it to ahci

darkphate

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
i reinstalled but now everytime i restart i have to choose to boot by a certain drive wd3200 so im trying to do ahci mode and it loads up normal but when its about to hit windows it just restarts.

BACK TO IDE mode and made wd3200 my primary and im booting normal