Budget Gaming PC, Can I do better for the price?

Processor: Intel i5-760 ($169.99@microcenter)

Motherboard: ASRock H55M-LE ($61.99@Newegg)

RAM: Muskin Enhanced Essentials 4GB (2x2GB) ($56.99@Newegg)

Video Card: ASUS Geforce GTX 460 1GB ($179.99@Newegg)

Hard Drive: OCZ Agility 2 60GB SSD ($134.99@Newegg)

I have everything else required to build a computer. Just wondering if this will be ok? Remember this is a budget PC, I'm not looking to buy top of the line components :)
8 answers Last reply
More about budget gaming price
  1. I would get a better motherboard and trash the SSD and get two Seagate 500GB HDDs (the 500GB plater ones (7200.12RPM)) and put them in RAID.
  2. Userremoved said:
    I would get a better motherboard and trash the SSD and get two Seagate 500GB HDDs (the 500GB plater ones (7200.12RPM)) and put them in RAID.

Why trash the ssd?
  3. teegale said:
    Why trash the ssd?

They are really expensive for like a 10 second difference. I have something called patience it's cheaper! :P
  4. Not to mention, you said "Can I do better for the pice." Ssd's are not worth the price,yet. Give it some time and the prices will come down.
  5. zooted said:
    Not to mention, you said "Can I do better for the pice." Ssd's are not worth the price,yet. Give it some time and the prices will come down.

BINGO!
  6. zooted said:
    Not to mention, you said "Can I do better for the pice." Ssd's are not worth the price,yet. Give it some time and the prices will come down.

Very true. 2x 500GB hd's on newegg would be $110. I would rather spend the extra 20 and get an ssd because I already have a 750GB hd for storage.

So it makes complete sense to buy the ssd. When I'd already be spending $100+ for lesser performance.
  7. teegale said:
    Very true. 2x 500GB hd's on newegg would be $110. I would rather spend the extra 20 and get an ssd because I already have a 750GB hd for storage.

So it makes complete sense to buy the ssd. When I'd already be spending $100+ for lesser performance.

Fine I'm just trying too point out one thing YOU WONT NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE. Do you need the extra speed?
  8. Userremoved said:
    Fine I'm just trying too point out one thing YOU WONT NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE. Do you need the extra speed?

Note taken. Thanks for your input. :wahoo:
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems