Sign in with
Your question

Partitioning Of Hard Drive without loosing data in Win 7

Last response: in Storage
March 4, 2013 8:57:00 AM

while partitioning hard disk in in my Toshiba Laptop with windows 7 OS, Shrinking the present 'C' drive shows abt 300 GB available space however, while making new volume of this I get a msg 'Not enough space to create this partition'. This msg comes when I click the last button (i.e. 'Finish') on the wizard for making new simple volumes. Pl guide
March 8, 2013 12:09:19 AM

Could you give a little more information? I'm assuming that you currently have only one partition on the hard drive, and it is the boot partition? Are you doing the partitioning using windows disk manager, or some other utility? In general, the problem could come from the fact that it sounds like you're trying to use ALL of the available space for this other partition you're creating, which would leave your boot partition with no extra space... that could be what's causing your problem. Try lowering the amount of space you want for the other partition, and see if that helps.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 124 G Storage
March 8, 2013 12:51:06 AM

jaggi said:
while partitioning hard disk in in my Toshiba Laptop with windows 7 OS, Shrinking the present 'C' drive shows abt 300 GB available space however, while making new volume of this I get a msg 'Not enough space to create this partition'. This msg comes when I click the last button (i.e. 'Finish') on the wizard for making new simple volumes. Pl guide

You can try this free software " EaseUS® Partition Master 9.2.1 Home Edition " to work.
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
m
l
Related resources
!