1) Clear CMOS
2) Drop all A/C power & power from mainboard from 24 pin power cable.
3) Remove all ram, check pins in the ram slot connectors.
4) Verify your Ram can run in dual channel mode. (it may need a parity signal (board design) w(3 sticks) for tri-channel ram)
Which as far as I know does not run in 2 channel mode unless the board supports it. (Thats why its sold as a 3 stick set)
* Boards designed for 3 channel memory like the intel 900 series can run in dual channel or Tri channel mode.
These support a dual or Tri arrangement, but as feature of the board itself NOT the ram.
3) Check underneath mainboard for any metal-to-board contact (shorting) near ram.
4) Insert a new cmos battery.
5) Boot to bios - no ram
6) Choose default bios setting
7) Add ram
8) Boot w ram and into bios (if you can)
9) Make new proper settings in the Bios.
If you can't get past #4. Return it and buy dual channel ram.