Sign in with
Your question

Starcraft 2, and future games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2010 7:00:29 PM

What is the new and "next-gen" technology's that graphic cards are using now: ATI vs. GeForce?

I heard something that Stacraft 2 is using a new Anti-Aliasing tech very few cards have support for?

When Battlefield 3, Modern-Warfare, Call of Duty Black Ops is coming out in a few months. Anything "new" they bring to the table?

What about HDMI 1.4? I want to be future proof so within a year i want to buy a 3D tv and want the Graphics to work with that. Does it work today?

More about : starcraft future games

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2010 7:23:13 PM

Ok, So that is the WHY, now to the WHAT. :)  What is the new stuff since. GeForce 7800 series?
a c 235 U Graphics card
September 27, 2010 8:08:36 PM

Quote:
What is the new and "next-gen" technology's that graphic cards are using now: ATI vs. GeForce?

I heard something that Stacraft 2 is using a new Anti-Aliasing tech very few cards have support for?

When Battlefield 3, Modern-Warfare, Call of Duty Black Ops is coming out in a few months. Anything "new" they bring to the table?

What about HDMI 1.4? I want to be future proof so within a year i want to buy a 3D tv and want the Graphics to work with that. Does it work today?

SC2 came out with AA that worked better on Nvidia cards then ATI (mostly a driver issue). That's nothing new, Blizzard's WoW played better on Nvidia then ATI for a good time also. All games brag about their "new, next-gen graphics". Go look at all the previews of Dragon Age. Web Sites and magazines where stating how great the game looked as they played alpha versions of it and then when it came out that all said how old and out dated it looked.

By the way, Gothic 4 looks very good and is rather graphic hardware demanding (shadow heavy). Getting about 30-35FPS with the game maxed out.
Related resources
!