Sign in with
Your question

No Power Input on card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 27, 2010 8:34:51 PM

I got the card that i ordered today (9800GT) and there is no 6 pin power input. There are no places to input power at all. The only thing it came with is a small cord that has 2 separate pins on one end and something that plugs into a small part on the card on the other end. What am i supposed to do with that cord if anything?

More about : power input card

a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2010 8:51:37 PM

The 9800GT Green edition requires no power connector. I'm guessing that connector you're talking about is some sort of S-Video splitter/convertor. Do you happen to have the 9800Gt Green edition from BFG (could be another manufacturer)?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2010 9:02:25 PM

Your 9800 GT is getting it's required power fully from the PCI-E slot, which is 75 watts.

m
l
a c 272 U Graphics card
September 28, 2010 7:19:52 AM

bugmenot1983 said:
I got the card that i ordered today (9800GT) and there is no 6 pin power input. There are no places to input power at all. The only thing it came with is a small cord that has 2 separate pins on one end and something that plugs into a small part on the card on the other end. What am i supposed to do with that cord if anything?

That sounds like a SPIDF connector, it's for carrying sound over HDMI if you use a DVI - HDMI adapter.
m
l
Related resources
!