What kind of mouse would fit my hand?

elimander

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
For years I had this small Logitech mouse that was really comfortable and easy to aim with. Then it stopped working and I decided to get something better.

I've been using this Microsoft mouse since then but it feels a little big for my hand. I also tried the MX 518 but that was way too bulky.

Do they make any gaming mice that are somewhat small and easy to lift up and move around?

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Office max or Office Depot (same thing practically) is a personal favorite for peripherals such as mouses, its a great place for me to find nice and cheap mouses for picky customers!

UniqueName

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
You need a notebook mouse. The Microsoft and MX 518 are both desktop mice. Does it have to be corded? Corded notebook mice with extra buttons are a dying breed. Microsoft Notebook Optical 3000 looks like the only choice between Logitech and Microsoft but no store carries it on shelf so you won't be able to try before you buy.

elimander

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009

It doesn't have to be corded, I've just heard that wireless mice can be unreliable at times. Can you really use notebook mice for gaming?

elimander

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009

Well I went to office depot and they didn't have any gaming mice but they did have some regular/notebook ones. I tried the Logitech M305, it felt ok, I'm not sure how much range it has though.

Is there a reason why gaming mice are so large? Do most people have big hands or are the mice just designed that way?

spi1ke

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Is there a reason why gaming mice are so large? Do most people have big hands or are the mice just designed that way?
The majority of gamers are men; most men have big hands. The Steelseries Kinzu and Razer Abyssus are quite small, try them at a store first.

Well, that's a mouse for a notebook. It's meant to be a little small for portability. Just looking at it I can say it would be a little too small for me to use comfortably on a daily basis.

I like a mouse that's large enough for me to rest my palm on the arcing shape of the mouse. I am currently using a Logitech Performance MX mouse. It's not a gaming mouse, but I use it to play games. It's the right shape and size. I handled the display model at Best Buy a few times before I bought it on Newegg. I think it would be a bit large for you though based on your posts.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104321&cm_re=performance_mx-_-26-104-321-_-Product