Asrock p67 crashes in the bios menu

Cybelind

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hi, just bought a new motherboard, the 155$ as rock p67 extreme4 gen3 crashes in the bios menu, and if i try to allow it to perform a regular boot it will shut itself off during the black windows 7 screen. one time windows 7 attempted to repair the problem automatically and has failed to do so. i've never had this sort of problem before, is my board defective? if not how can i fix it?

Cybelind

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

Update: took out a stick of ram, and managed to get into windows. while running windows update, it created a restore point and began to update, but then crashed.

suteck

Distinguished
Is your power supply sufficient to run the motherboard - do you have ALL the power connectors connected? Double check that both the 24 and 8 pin connectors are correctly and completely plugged in. If you disconnect all hdd, cdroms and other connections with only 1 memory stick, cpu and gpu and try to get into bios that way. Can it run bios in that mode? What memory are you using - specific brand and model please. just ddr3 1333 or corsair isn't enough.
There is a link under my banner for trouble shooting a new build - and when you pull everything out and put in a new motherboard it counts as a new build. Please follow it all the way through, some will pertain to you and some will not so you need to follow it and do what applies to your situation. Skipping steps means missing the probable cause(s) so please check it all.