Looking to upgrade from 2 nvidia 7950gtx in dell xps700

I just recently inherited a Dell XPS 700 desktop computer that has a 700 watt BTX psu, I am looking to upgrade it from the 2 Nvidia 7950gtx video cards to a more powerful single Nvidia Card from EVGA with in the next 2-3 months. The problem I'm having with the decision is that after reading up this computer I read a lot of bad things about the upgrade ability of it due to the power supply and the amount of volts which isn't something I fully understand yet. I really don't have a set budget in mind and really just wanted to know if any one could tell me the highest video card i could go with based on the knowledge I have, which is minimum of the computer I own. What I want to use this computer for is FPS/TPS gaming and maybe playing around in the UDK/Cryengine.

I'm sorry if a similar question was posted but I couldn't find a tread search feature.

System Specs
Dell XPS 700
Intel core 2 duo E6600 2.6GHz
2GB DDR2667
2x Nvidia Geforce 7950 GTX SLI
2x 300gb HD
3 answers Last reply
More about looking upgrade nvidia 7950gtx dell xps700
  1. Do you have any more information on the power supply?

More specifically how many amps it provide on the 12v rail(s).
  2. here is a link for that has the psu listed on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Dell-Supply-Identical-Models/dp/B002VH2OCW

I don't know if that helps you or not or if you can use that page to find out more about the psu through another site
  3. Update on this I recently installed a ATI radeon HD 5770 with no problems and has been stable and working well
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Dell Studio Xps Computer Graphics