Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Radeon
  • HD
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 28, 2010 4:02:47 AM

Hey all, I purchased an ATI Radeon HD 5770 a while back and I noticed that when I go to play The Sims 3 that the shadows are very blocky and pixelated. I play with all the settings on max and even tried disabling AA in game and enabling it via CCC but it did not correct the issue. I have also updated to the newest driver (10.9) and am still experiencing the problem. I am playing on a 4GB Ram system and Windows 7 (64). If anyone knows how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :) 

More about : pixelated shadows ati radeon 5770

a c 190 U Graphics card
September 28, 2010 4:59:52 AM

well, what about the other games? does it pixelated as well?
if it only happened on sims3 then the game itself is in trouble...
Score
September 28, 2010 11:29:26 AM

wa1 said:
well, what about the other games? does it pixelated as well?
if it only happened on sims3 then the game itself is in trouble...

Yeah, I believe it only occurs with this game. I don't play many PC games but when I have played other ones this issue didn't exist. I have seen a few various forums where people were experiencing the same problem.
Score
Related resources
a c 190 U Graphics card
September 28, 2010 11:33:55 AM

If the other games are fine then it's okay, at least you knew that your sims 3 is on trouble, you can try re-install the game...
Score
September 28, 2010 11:41:17 AM

Yeah, I tried re-installing it two or three times and it didn't fix the issue. Thanks for your suggestions though! Anyone else having a similar problem or know any fixes for this issue?
Score
a c 190 U Graphics card
September 28, 2010 11:50:42 AM

reducing game setting, perhaps?
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2010 12:20:20 PM

I've had similar issues before in older games. For example, bad textures or very slow particle/fog effects. For those I never really found a solution as it was just an incompatibility between the drivers and game engine. It is also possible it chose a shader pack for an NVidia FX 5700 rather than a generic ATI card. Does the game have a config or ini file anywhere inside the program files folder? And just to confirm, you remember playing this game on other cards without this issue, correct?
Score
September 28, 2010 10:28:01 PM

Yes, I have installed all the patches. I previously had a Geforce 9500gt but performance was poor, although everything did render properly. I have an exam in a bit but I will check for either of those file types when I get home and report back.
Score
September 29, 2010 2:55:04 AM

EXT64 said:
I've had similar issues before in older games. For example, bad textures or very slow particle/fog effects. For those I never really found a solution as it was just an incompatibility between the drivers and game engine. It is also possible it chose a shader pack for an NVidia FX 5700 rather than a generic ATI card. Does the game have a config or ini file anywhere inside the program files folder? And just to confirm, you remember playing this game on other cards without this issue, correct?

I didn't see either of those two files, EXT64.
Score
September 29, 2010 3:37:57 AM

Is there any specific drivers I should be using? Like older ones that may function better?
Score
a c 190 U Graphics card
September 29, 2010 2:45:53 PM

You can try older drivers like 10.3 or 10.4, that's the most stable driver for now...
Score
September 29, 2010 4:42:09 PM

ok thanks. Anything special I have to do or just install them? and where are the older ones available?
Score
a c 190 U Graphics card
September 29, 2010 4:51:17 PM

1. Download Driver Sweeper:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28...
2. Uninstall your current driver.
3. Boot on safe mode and use driver sweeper, get rid all the remaining of ATI.
4. Boot on normal mode.
5. Install the older driver like 10.3 or 10.4
Score
September 30, 2010 4:50:28 AM

ok thanks I'll try that now
Score
a c 274 U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 4:53:01 AM

Keepnitreal2007 said:
Bump

Quote:
Don't...

* Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!
* Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.
* Bump posts, claim "first!"
* Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.
* Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection

Source.
Score
!