2004 and sound card

fox

Hi,

Even though I bought the editor's edition the first
day of release in my area, I still cannot talk to anyone.
I am convinced my sound card input for mic is bad
since I cannot get it work in any way.

So what I am asking is if anyone can suggest a
sound card that I might find like on Ebay for
around $25. What I have now is a
Soundblaster Live MP3+. This is the old one
for just two speakers. There is some possibility
that my drivers are screwed up since the info
for my card is scarce about what you can and
cannot use from newer features. Anyway it
seems to me that if there is something that
I can get cheap, then I should just do it.
Suggestions for a reasonable and well
compatible sound card for UT 2004 would
be very welcomed since I have no idea
about one from another anymore.

Regards,
Fox

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:01:16 +0000, Fox wrote:

> There is some possibility that my drivers are screwed up since the info
> for my card is scarce about what you can and cannot use from newer
> features.

Why don't you just reinstall the drivers then?

Linux Registered User #327951

fox

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.lan> wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:01:16 +0000, Fox wrote:
>
>> There is some possibility that my drivers are screwed up since the info
>> for my card is scarce about what you can and cannot use from newer
>> features.
>
> Why don't you just reinstall the drivers then?
>
> --
> If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
> Linux Registered User #327951

That is too long an excuse and not worthing trying to explain.
I want a new card. I am pretty sure my mic jack is screwed
since now it just buzzes loudly.

Fox.

Meltdown

Fox enlightened us with:
> So what I am asking is if anyone can suggest a sound card that I
> might find like on Ebay for around $25.

Ehm... why don't you go on Ebay and see what you can get for that
price?

Anyways, I can recommend the SB Audigy.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 00:14:04 +0100, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.org.imagination> wrote:

>Anyways, I can recommend the SB Audigy.

Same here. You can't go wrong by using a card from a company that
co-sponsors the game. ;-)