GTS 250 problem

Specs
Gigabyte GTS 250 1GB
Intel core i5 650 @ 3.6 GHZ
GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H LGA 1156
4 gig Ram
Huntkey True AFPC 700W Power Supply

I ran Gpuz and I says my graphics card is only running at PCI x4 instead of x16. How do I fix this?
12 answers Last reply
More about problem
  1. Ahh... Try re-seat the card, that should help you fix your problem... :)
  2. I have a x16 and a x4 and it was actually in the x4 slot so i moved it to the x16...... but it now says it's running at x1 :(
  3. already tried re-seating the card?
    Not long time ago i also suffering from the same problem like yours, instead of x16 my pcie speed is x4, so i re-seat the card and my card goes back to x16...
  4. It was x4 cause it was in the x4 slot so i moved it to the x16 slot but now it's only running at x1
  5. Yes, i heard you. Now, even your card already on x16 slot, have you re-seat it again? Re-seat=unplug and plug it again to your x16 slot?

If your card isn't properly attached to pcie slot then it could make issues like yours (x8 - x4 - x1).
  6. I've taking it out the slot and unplugged the power cable, twice and needed to re install graphics drivers
  7. ANd make sure you install the proper driver for your card...
    Just do it slowly, even i must re-seat my card 2 or 3 times to get the actual speed (x16)...
  8. I've done it 3, times installed the old driver that came with card....garn back to the new drivers. :( it's laging in everything I'm just going to go back to x4
  9. Have you tried resetting the BIOS and running without an OC on the CPU?
  10. Resetting the bios by removing the battery?
  11. Sometimes you may have to move a jumper to reset, check your motherboards manual for resetting CMOS.
  12. I reset CMOS and took off CPU oc, still at x1
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Gigabyte Intel i5 Graphics