Sign in with
Your question
Solved

When will the Sandy Bridge CPU's and Mobos get on Newegg?

Last response: in CPUs
February 17, 2011 12:16:51 AM

When will the new socket 1155 CPUs and motherboards hit the NEwegg market?

Thx

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a c 107 V Motherboard
February 17, 2011 12:35:35 AM

The fixed chips themselves were only started shipping this week. Boards using those new chips won't be available in quantity until mid-March or early April.
February 17, 2011 1:40:37 AM

Thanks, Yea that's what I had heard, it's a shame :sweat: 
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 17, 2011 1:56:09 AM

Leaps-from-Shadows said:
The fixed chips themselves were only started shipping this week. Boards using those new chips won't be available in quantity until mid-March or early April.

THE CHIPS WERE NEVER BROKEN!!!!

I hate to type in all caps, but you are sooooooooo wrong.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 17, 2011 1:58:10 AM

the P67 chips were defective. So yes the chips were broken, as long as you were referring to the chipset. CPUs are fine and not defective at all.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 107 V Motherboard
February 17, 2011 3:10:06 AM

BadTrip said:

Overreact much, BadTrip? Take a chill pill dude.

I didn't say "the CPUs" I said "the chips" meaning the H67/P67 Cougar Point chips that are mounted on the boards.

I think everybody by now realizes that the Sandy Bridge CPUs are not at fault.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 17, 2011 4:08:02 PM

BadTrip said:

No your wrong. The chips were broken. Why do you think they are recalling the motherboards? DUH? :hello: 

Since when is a cpu called a chip? LOL
m
l
a c 190 à CPUs
a c 75 V Motherboard
February 17, 2011 4:59:08 PM

Good news due to hard work it looks like there will be some Intel® H67 or P67 series boards available by Mid-March Also important there will be a change on the part # for them, it will end with a B3 showing that it has the updated chip on the board.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
February 17, 2011 9:26:34 PM

Best answer selected by Jeteroll.
m
l
February 17, 2011 10:04:36 PM

hey a question! when will the frio ock be available in newegg??????
m
l
February 18, 2011 12:26:53 AM

why are they still selling the processors if you can't even get the motherboard?
m
l
February 18, 2011 1:17:15 AM

So you can buy them ahead of time like I have. Just waiting on the MB's now.
m
l
February 18, 2011 1:29:24 AM

I cant wait for the mobos!
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 18, 2011 4:36:59 PM

balearic said:
why are they still selling the processors if you can't even get the motherboard?

Well they actually stopped selling them, but obviously Intel put the pressure on them to continue selling, either by offering discounts or some other incentive.

This is so they are not backed up with product and also to keep people from buying or considering any available or soon to be available AMD products.
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 19, 2011 12:02:15 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure if that was a sarcastic reply or not

I am hoping for sarcasm. Noobs are so annoying.
m
l
February 19, 2011 12:28:03 AM

ACchewwallee I'll take a Intel for the latest and greatest and value for money, potential further glitches accepted. Definitely for performance or future proofing.
But, boys and girls, real world for what I do either is just fine, and there should be no glitches in the AMD chips or CPU'S.
And number two tries harder. The pricing on the new Intel 1155's is almost certainly a reaction to AMD pricing.
AMD is looking for a tech edge, and may find it. Intel enjoys a record for perfecting itself off market. Interesting times, baBY.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 19, 2011 12:55:19 PM

Quote:
Anyone buying an X6 over waiting for a 2500K is a moron.

Not everyone is a gamer or overclocker kid. Only about 1% of users would benefit from a 2500K over a X6.

Not to mention if you still have a AM2+ motherboard and DDR2, you can just drop a X6 in. So the only moron here is you making that statement.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 107 V Motherboard
February 19, 2011 1:18:13 PM

geekapproved said:
Not everyone is a gamer or overclocker kid. Only about 1% of users would benefit from a 2500K over a X6.

Not to mention if you still have a AM2+ motherboard and DDR2, you can just drop a X6 in.

Actually, no.

Only professionals (or professional-wannabes) that use Photoshop and other professional programs that take advantage of more than four cores would have an advantage with the AMD six-gun processor. Plus those that already have the platform for an AMD processor and don't want to upgrade it, of course.

Gamers and everyone else will benefit from 2G Core's superior performance in every category but that one. Even if they run them at (gasp) stock speed.
m
l
February 19, 2011 2:51:55 PM

so I'm considering just building my new PC without the sandy bridge motherboard because the Socket 1156 (reg i5) mobos are ready now. I want a sandy bridge but I don't feel like waiting 1-2 more months especially given the chance they might all be sold out for a while when they come back. What would be the price difference should I got for an i5 760 now + mobo or if I wait and get a 2500k and its compatible motherboard

Silly question, but is it even worth waiting for? I'm not an extreme gamer and just want the highest settings on WoW/GW2 when it comes out, first person shooters like BC2 and BC3 when that comes out, as well as CoD.
m
l
February 19, 2011 3:02:28 PM

Does anybody have any clues or info about what the prices are likely to be for the new reissue mobos and CPUs will be when reissued? More or less as they try and recoup lost capital and revenue? I'm hoping or thinking they'll blow them out at discount prices to make back some of the losses.
m
l
February 19, 2011 3:07:23 PM

garyhope said:
Does anybody have any clues or info about what the prices are likely to be for the new reissue mobos and CPUs will be when reissued? More or less as they try and recoup lost capital and revenue? I'm hoping or thinking they'll blow them out at discount prices to make back some of the losses.

I read an article recently that intel stated MOBO prices are going to go up" due to their sandybridge losses.
m
l
February 19, 2011 3:09:36 PM

lol that would definitely be a shame considering how long we have had to wait to get a functional one :p 
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 19, 2011 3:46:51 PM

Leaps-from-Shadows said:
Actually, no.

Only professionals (or professional-wannabes) that use Photoshop and other professional programs that take advantage of more than four cores would have an advantage with the AMD six-gun processor. Plus those that already have the platform for an AMD processor and don't want to upgrade it, of course.

Gamers and everyone else will benefit from 2G Core's superior performance in every category but that one. Even if they run them at (gasp) stock speed.

No what? I never mentioned 6 cores as being an advantage to ANYthing......reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 107 V Motherboard
February 19, 2011 4:41:32 PM

"Only about 1% of users would benefit from a 2500K over a X6." <---- this right here means "99% of users should get the X6."

I disagreed with that statement. I apologize if that wasn't clear in my original post.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 107 V Motherboard
February 19, 2011 4:48:35 PM

balearic said:
I read an article recently that intel stated MOBO prices are going to go up" due to their sandybridge losses.

Intel's own mainboards may be going up in price, but I doubt that other manufacturers will follow suit.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 21, 2011 12:57:16 PM

Leaps-from-Shadows said:
"Only about 1% of users would benefit from a 2500K over a X6." <---- this right here means "99% of users should get the X6."

I disagreed with that statement. I apologize if that wasn't clear in my original post.

I think you failed to read the moronic post I was responding too. The guy said anyone buying a X6 and not waiting for a 2500k is an idiot. I said that's not true, 99% of users don't need something as fast as a 2500k because they don't overclock or game. If you surf the web, read emails and burn cd's, there's no reason to wait for a 2500K.

I also said many people with a AM2+ board and ddr2 can also drop one in without having to buy a new board and ram.

Not sure what part of that you misinterpreted as meaning a X6 has an advantage in ANYTHING. I'm simply saying if the X6 does everything you need and it's cheaper, why would you wait for something you don't need and spend more money on it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 4:29:02 PM

Quote:
How was my post moronic? While i agree that on this forum a lot of people don't need a 2500K because they all run garbage amd rigs but on the rest of the forums like anandtech and xs we all want the best and Sandy Bridge and Gulftown is that.

Because the statement you made was moronic.

Not a lot of people, 99% of people.

Your a kid, your a gamer, and your an extreme overclocker. What you want is not what everybody wants. Why pay $230 for something when you can get something that does everything you need and more for $100?

So you get 50fps more than me in BFBC2, big deal, I get 100fps, who needs more than 100fps?

I'm still running a Q6600 and a HD5850, give me one reason I need a 2500K. If I wanted one or needed one, I'd go buy one today. I don't want one.

A couple months ago you were ranting about your 1155T @4ghz, now its AMD garbage. Next month it'll be something else. Typical what kids do, new toy every week.

One day you'll grow up and you'll spend your money on manly toys instead of kiddy toys that do nothing for you in life except give you a big e-peen on a computer forum.

m
l
March 14, 2011 11:06:48 AM

At the moment a 2500K costs about $230, a good mother board P67 at least $140, that's $370 to start and you may need ram too.
IF you have a good AMD motherboard an upgrade to a 955 BE will play any game out there without bottlenecks. Cost is about $140.
Is the AMD the latest and greatest, no.
Has Intel stumbled with the 67 series chips yes. Will they again? Too soon to tell.
If you've the budget Sandy Bridge rules.
If you are cautious or building poor, I would wait a year, or consider A 955 be build, depending on components on hand.
Anyone using equivalent builds out there?
Same would go for Intel builds.
m
l
!