External HD recognized but not reading

NoOrdinaryHeart

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Hey there!

My Seagate External drive has me a little stressed out this morning and I'm hoping you can help. Yesterday it was working fine. Today I plug it in and it comes up as a drive (Local Disc (F:)) but it doesn't register as a Seagate drive like usual and when I click to access it I get an error:
F:\ is not accessible
Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

Any clue how to access the info? Even if it's to pull it off and put it on another backup drive... this thing contains too much of my life for me to have completely lost everything... please help!

Francis-00

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
It sounds like this external drive is corrupted. Generally, the corrupted drive can be damaged logically or physically. The logically corrupted drive can also be fixed by formatting. However, the physically corrupted drive cannot be fixed at all. Therefore, I hope your situation is not so bad.

In short, no matter your problem is good or bad, you also can try a free external hard drive recovery tool to regain your information inside it. I have ever witnessed its efficiency as the hard drive of my friend is logically damaged. It recovers all his photos, videos and files back. He is really lucky. You also can be the next lucky one.

Note: You should do regular data backups in the future in case of similar problems.