Closed Solved

EVGA GTS250

Is NVIDIA GTS250(EVGA) competible with Intel Original G965RY mother board????
21 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about evga gts250
  1. But some people say that there are some compatebility issues. Because the chipset is old.........Is that true?????
  2. http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=22637
    Is that your board?
    Yes, it has a pcie slot so you can install GTS250 on it, just make sure you have enough power on PSU (500W recommended) to run GTS250. :)
  3. I'm pretty sure that GTS250 is 2.0 and NOT 2.1, so it should work with any board, don't worry about that...
    That board is from 2006, so as long as you update it's driver then you'll good. :)
  4. Yep what wa1 said. Most of the issues are drivers for the motherboard itself when running win7, or RAM compatibility issues. Nothing for drop in GPU's.
  5. wa1 said:
    http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=22637
    Is that your board?
    Yes, it has a pcie slot so you can install GTS250 on it, just make sure you have enough power on PSU (500W recommended) to run GTS250. :)


    Yes. I have 650W psu. But i got Blue Screen msg. I thougt this may be the problem.
  6. wa1 said:
    I'm pretty sure that GTS250 is 2.0 and NOT 2.1, so it should work with any board, don't worry about that...
    That board is from 2006, so as long as you update it's driver then you'll good. :)


    Yes it is PCIe 2.0. I update all drivers.
  7. jaghpanther said:
    Yep what wa1 said. Most of the issues are drivers for the motherboard itself when running win7, or RAM compatibility issues. Nothing for drop in GPU's.


    I install 1GB 800MHz ram and 2GB 800Mhz ram in dual channel. Is that may be the cause for my Blue Screen error??????
  8. Blue screen of dead (BSOD) usually cause by bad memory or bad hard drive.
    How many stick(s) of RAM did you have? If you have more than 1 stick then try each stick individually and see which one that gives you BSOD...
  9. wa1 said:
    Blue screen of dead (BSOD) usually cause by bad memory or bad hard drive.
    How many stick(s) of RAM did you have? If you have more than 1 stick then try each stick individually and see which one that gives you BSOD...

    Two. one is 1GB 800MHz and other is 2GB 800Mhz in dual channel. The both are new.
  10. Also check if the sticks are both 1.8v Most of the RAM problems with these boards are due to voltage (i.e. they support 1.8v not 2.1-2.2).
  11. jaghpanther said:
    Also check if the sticks are both 1.8v Most of the RAM problems with these boards are due to voltage (i.e. they support 1.8v not 2.1-2.2).

    Yes both are 1.8v.
  12. So try each of them individually and see which one that gives you BSOD..
  13. wa1 said:
    So try each of them individually and see which one that gives you BSOD..


    Then youre telling that there is no compatebility problem with my vga. Just with memory...???
  14. Best answer
    That's why i'm asking you to test your ram first, because BSOD is USUALLY ram/hard drive issues...
  15. wa1 said:
    That's why i'm asking you to test your ram first, because BSOD is USUALLY ram/hard drive issues...

    I will do........
  16. Best answer selected by JKHLP.
  17. So, what's happened to your PC now?
    have you found the problem? bad RAM? or what?
  18. BAD Ram I think. Fine working with 2GB only.
  19. okay, you can rma the other ram to get a replacement...
  20. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia EVGA Intel Motherboards Graphics