lindseyhunt1090

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
This might sound really stupid. but im just wondering.. my old computer would get spywhere and viruses all the time.. it was a common thing for me to run anti spyware and virus programs weekly just to make sure..

i built a new computer a couple months ago and got malwarebytes and advast free.. i have not gotten one virus, spyware, malware... anything. is this normal? i know it might seem dumb.. but i thought people got stuff like that all the time. im almost worried that i have a virus that makes it show that i have non or something lol.. or maybe the programs dont work...

sorry if this seems dumb. im just so used to slow virused up computers..

suteck

Distinguished
You probably don't have any viruses or spyware. But you should run sweeps anyway. Those are decent anti-s for keeping them out but it won't detect something that got buy unless you run sweeps. Are you connected to a router and a modem? If so a lot of companies add hardware based firewalls into them so that helps a lot also. You can relax a little but don't let your guard down and keep your anti-s up to date everyday. CAUSE THEY ARE OUT THERE!!

mattimeo005

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
i usually run my computers without any sort of antivirus at all. the key to keeping your computer clean is just be smart when you browse and download and only click on links that dont seem suspicious (links inside popup windows, for instance...bad.)

i think its good that you don't have any viruses, just shows that you're practicing safe internet browsing habits.

if you ever get a virus, you can always just roll back your OS and restore it to a time before the virus infected the comp :)