Sign in with
Your question

How much ram capacity can be used in single free slot of Intel 945 G P5LD2-VM ?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 21, 2011 8:22:55 AM

Sir
I have Intel 945 G P5LD2-VM with Pentium D . I purchased DDR2 - 2GB RAM but in the specifications i find 4XDIMM , 4GB .I want to know that will my motherboard DIMM support 2GB RAM on a single slot of RAM.
How much ram capacity can be used in single free slot of Intel 945 G P5LD2-VM ?
October 22, 2011 2:54:08 AM

werner123 said:
Hi, from what i know 1gb is the maximum supported per slot, but install it to see if it works if not , just return the memory to place you bought it from and they will swap it for you for 2 1gb modules or 4 1gb modules if you want that much memory.

Your motherboards manual should also have details about memory configuration.

Thanks
October 22, 2011 3:03:28 AM

Here 2GB RAM is working but when i have been checking its utilization in the task manager memory usage is not exceeding 900mb and computer properties also showing 2 GB , now i am bit confused that optimum utilization of RAM is taking place or not.Is there any other way out to check utilization.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 22, 2011 10:42:43 AM

Op mentions that the mobo is 945 specs - and running off the onbaoard G945 chip, correct? if it is the case, than some of your memory is being shared to help run media/entertainment applications.

from this site you can have a max of 4GB of ram. The catch here is that you can populate the maximum using all 4 dimms, but if you had a later mobo say an x38/48 chipset mobo than you could've used only 2x2GB sticks to saturate the 4GB max limit.

* welcome to the forums newcomer!
a b V Motherboard
October 22, 2011 11:31:37 AM

^ + 5 :)  i think if OP i using intels HD software, the value can also be incremented via OS...though i don't know i had a DG965RY board 3 years ago and forgot its options :/ 
!