Sign in with
Your question

No Nvidia control panel

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 28, 2010 6:02:15 PM

I have a Nvidia GeForse4 MX440(graphics card) and i recently connected my pc to my tv but i cannot get 'clone' view there is no Nvidia controll panel no tab in properties-setting-advanced, you know the window with the 2 pictures of tv/monitors, i can remember it being there when this card was in another pc, i have only got the option 'extend my desktop to this monitor' which is a pain ('cause as you know you have got to drag what ever you want to see on your tv off the monitor screen) when this card was in another pc i had the option to 'clone' my deskktop to my tv, not anymore any ideas. Thanks all

More about : nvidia control panel

a c 391 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
September 28, 2010 6:10:34 PM

I couldn't find my Nvidia Control Panel recently when I tried the new 260.63 drivers. I think it was because I failed to uninstall the previous drivers properly. I rolled back to the WHQL 259 drivers and the Control Panel came back up.

In order to get to the Nvidia Control Panel, right-click on your desktop, and it should be one of the options there, if it's installed properly (instead of going through Display Properties). If not, I would say uninstall your current drivers and then install the current WHQL drivers off the Nvidia website. You can check under Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs to see if Nvidia Control Panel is installed.
October 3, 2010 5:16:51 PM

Uninstall your drivers, use a driver cleaner, start in safe mode with networking and download and install them again.
I recently updated to that driver too on my 9600 GSO and all was fine.
!