Vehicle CTF

Can someone please tell me how to run VCTF maps in UT 2004? I tried just
putting in the maps, but I don't get an opportunity to run them. Thanks.
15 answers Last reply
More about vehicle
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    vbman enlightened us with:
    > Can someone please tell me how to run VCTF maps in UT 2004? I tried
    > just putting in the maps, but I don't get an opportunity to run
    > them. Thanks.

    Stop multiposting. I already helped you with your problem, yet you
    keep posting the same question in other newsgroups. It is very
    insulting. Read http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html before posting
    again.

    You are multiposting, which means you post a separate message to each
    newsgroup. There is no way for someone trying to answer your question,
    to see if it has already been answered by someone else. Thus, you ask
    for my time, you ask me to put in effort to answer your question, but
    it might be all for nothing because you might already have your
    answer. That is concidered insulting.

    Futhermore, someone might have the same question as you do. There is
    no way for that person to find the answer, if it were to be posted in
    one of the other groups you posted to.

    Next time, post your question to one newsgroup. If you can't get a
    decent answer in a day or two, try the next one. If you really,
    really, really want to post to multiple newsgroups, crosspost to them.

    Crossposting means putting all groups you want to post to on a single
    line - that way everybody can see to which groups the post went. Do
    not post to more than four newsgroups - that's never good. I won't
    even see your post if you do that. Also, always set up a
    'Followup-To:' header, to make sure all replies go to the same
    newsgroup. If you don't know how to do that, post to a single group
    instead.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.org.imagination> wrote in message
    > vbman enlightened us with:
    > > Can someone please tell me how to run VCTF maps in UT 2004? I tried
    > > just putting in the maps, but I don't get an opportunity to run
    > > them. Thanks.
    >
    > Stop multiposting. I already helped you with your problem, yet you
    > keep posting the same question in other newsgroups. It is very
    > insulting. Read http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html before posting
    > again.
    >
    > You are multiposting, which means you post a separate message to each
    > newsgroup. There is no way for someone trying to answer your question,
    > to see if it has already been answered by someone else. Thus, you ask
    > for my time, you ask me to put in effort to answer your question, but
    > it might be all for nothing because you might already have your
    > answer. That is concidered insulting.
    >
    > Futhermore, someone might have the same question as you do. There is
    > no way for that person to find the answer, if it were to be posted in
    > one of the other groups you posted to.
    >
    > Next time, post your question to one newsgroup. If you can't get a
    > decent answer in a day or two, try the next one. If you really,
    > really, really want to post to multiple newsgroups, crosspost to them.
    >
    > Crossposting means putting all groups you want to post to on a single
    > line - that way everybody can see to which groups the post went. Do
    > not post to more than four newsgroups - that's never good. I won't
    > even see your post if you do that. Also, always set up a
    > 'Followup-To:' header, to make sure all replies go to the same
    > newsgroup. If you don't know how to do that, post to a single group
    > instead.
    >
    > MeltDown
    > --
    > !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
    > ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    > !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    Sorry, Meltdown, but I did not see where you helped me (expect on this post
    above). I still don't see your previoous post. Cut me a break will ya? I'm
    not trying to piss anybody off, but whenever I ask a simple question, I get
    my ass handed to me. Last time it was "do your own research", now it's
    "don't multipost". I was not trying to insult anyone. I thought that this
    was a forum to get help with questions. Again, I apologize. I did learn not
    to top post. :)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > Can someone please tell me how to run VCTF maps in UT 2004? I tried just
    > putting in the maps, but I don't get an opportunity to run them. Thanks.

    Put them in your maps folder, run UT2004, go to Instant action, select
    Vehicle CTF, make sure only official maps is UNCHECKED, select your map, hit
    play.

    If that fails, open the console with the ~ button, and type map
    VCTF-whateverthemapnameis
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    vbman enlightened us with:
    > Cut me a break will ya? I'm not trying to piss anybody off, but
    > whenever I ask a simple question, I get my ass handed to me.

    Well, looks like you must be doing something wrong then.

    > Last time it was "do your own research", now it's "don't multipost".

    There are a few things you should and shouldn't do. At least always
    show that you've tried to solve your problem yourself. Then there are
    things like not multi-posting and snipping quoted text.

    > I thought that this was a forum to get help with questions.

    This is a discussion group, were people are so friendly they also help
    people. It's something different than just a place to get help.

    > I did learn not to top post. :)

    Which is good, but not when you quote 40 lines of text just because
    it's there. Pay a little attention to your post - if it's pleasant and
    easy to read, you'll attrackt more people willing to help you. It's
    all in your best interest ;-)

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > vbman enlightened us with:
    >> Cut me a break will ya? I'm not trying to piss anybody off, but
    >> whenever I ask a simple question, I get my ass handed to me.
    >
    > Well, looks like you must be doing something wrong then.
    >
    >> Last time it was "do your own research", now it's "don't multipost".
    >
    > There are a few things you should and shouldn't do. At least always
    > show that you've tried to solve your problem yourself. Then there are
    > things like not multi-posting and snipping quoted text.
    >
    >> I thought that this was a forum to get help with questions.
    >
    > This is a discussion group, were people are so friendly they also help
    > people. It's something different than just a place to get help.
    >
    >> I did learn not to top post. :)
    >
    > Which is good, but not when you quote 40 lines of text just because
    > it's there. Pay a little attention to your post - if it's pleasant and
    > easy to read, you'll attrackt more people willing to help you. It's
    > all in your best interest ;-)
    >
    > MeltDown
    > --
    > !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
    > ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    > !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    Geez Melt. You are running everyone out of this group. Ease up. Take a day
    off or something. The guy's right you know. He's just looking for a little
    help.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Gawd, Who left a turd in your cheerios?

    --
    I'm a mechanic, not a weight lifter. The wrench is my weight. I'm sure glad
    I have air tools in my garage now.
    "goPostal" <none@this.time> wrote in message

    > "MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.org.imagination> wrote in message
    >> vbman enlightened us with:
    >>> Cut me a break will ya? I'm not trying to piss anybody off, but
    >>> whenever I ask a simple question, I get my ass handed to me.
    >>
    >> Well, looks like you must be doing something wrong then.
    >>
    >>> Last time it was "do your own research", now it's "don't multipost".
    >>
    >> There are a few things you should and shouldn't do. At least always
    >> show that you've tried to solve your problem yourself. Then there are
    >> things like not multi-posting and snipping quoted text.
    >>
    >>> I thought that this was a forum to get help with questions.
    >>
    >> This is a discussion group, were people are so friendly they also help
    >> people. It's something different than just a place to get help.
    >>
    >>> I did learn not to top post. :)
    >>
    >> Which is good, but not when you quote 40 lines of text just because
    >> it's there. Pay a little attention to your post - if it's pleasant and
    >> easy to read, you'll attrackt more people willing to help you. It's
    >> all in your best interest ;-)
    >>
    >> MeltDown
    >> --
    >> !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
    >> ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    >> !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
    >
    > Geez Melt. You are running everyone out of this group. Ease up. Take a day
    > off or something. The guy's right you know. He's just looking for a
    > little help.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:41:34 +0100, MeltDown
    <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.org.imagination> wrote:

    >vbman enlightened us with:
    >> Cut me a break will ya? I'm not trying to piss anybody off, but
    >> whenever I ask a simple question, I get my ass handed to me.
    >
    >Well, looks like you must be doing something wrong then.
    >
    >> Last time it was "do your own research", now it's "don't multipost".
    >
    >There are a few things you should and shouldn't do. At least always
    >show that you've tried to solve your problem yourself. Then there are
    >things like not multi-posting and snipping quoted text.
    >
    >> I thought that this was a forum to get help with questions.
    >
    >This is a discussion group, were people are so friendly they also help
    >people. It's something different than just a place to get help.
    >
    >> I did learn not to top post. :)
    >
    >Which is good, but not when you quote 40 lines of text just because
    >it's there. Pay a little attention to your post - if it's pleasant and
    >easy to read, you'll attrackt more people willing to help you. It's
    >all in your best interest ;-)
    >
    >MeltDown

    Wrong time of the month?

    Quit being so damned anal. This is a newsgroup about a game.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:00:09 -0600, "Schism" <NO_SPAM@SPAMBAD.com>
    wrote:

    >> Can someone please tell me how to run VCTF maps in UT 2004? I tried just
    >> putting in the maps, but I don't get an opportunity to run them. Thanks.
    >
    >Put them in your maps folder, run UT2004, go to Instant action
    > select Vehicle CTF
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Five will get you ten that's his problem. I bet he's looking for them
    under regular CTF. I would. :-)
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:27:55 -0500, Folk wrote:

    >>Which is good, but not when you quote 40 lines of text just because
    >>it's there. Pay a little attention to your post - if it's pleasant and
    >>easy to read, you'll attrackt more people willing to help you. It's
    >>all in your best interest ;-)

    > Quit being so damned anal. This is a newsgroup about a game.

    Doesn't matter what the newsgroup is about. Correct posting tips apply to
    any newsgroup, at all times.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    goPostal enlightened us with:
    > He's just looking for a little help.

    Which I've given, and before we talked about posting style.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:00:09 -0600, "Schism" <NO_SPAM@SPAMBAD.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >> Can someone please tell me how to run VCTF maps in UT 2004? I tried
    just
    > >> putting in the maps, but I don't get an opportunity to run them.
    Thanks.

    > >Put them in your maps folder, run UT2004, go to Instant action
    > > select Vehicle CTF
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > Five will get you ten that's his problem. I bet he's looking for them
    > under regular CTF. I would. :-)

    Thanks to all!!! I finally got it running, although I did not see where the
    official maps check is. The important thing is, I got it running. Thanks
    again all!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > Thanks to all!!! I finally got it running, although I did not see where
    the
    > official maps check is. The important thing is, I got it running. Thanks
    > again all!

    "Only Official Maps" is right below where the maps usually list under
    Options bar, it's an X actually, not a check.

    Hope you have fun with this gametype, I have over 65 hours and counting of
    playing only it.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Schism wrote:

    > Hope you have fun with this gametype, I have over 65 hours and counting of
    > playing only it.

    I haven't seen Vehicle CTF maps listed in the "best maps" sites I've
    looked at. Would you mind recommending some?
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    VCTF-ArcticStronghold, VCTF-UP-Lonesomeglen, i will also add Toonce's
    VCTF-StripMine ][ ( not the best in the world ). the ArcticStronghold
    converter ONS map is pretty good, and the LonesomeGlen is a Gi-normous map.
    All three have bot-support.

    ....Syn...
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    > I haven't seen Vehicle CTF maps listed in the "best maps" sites I've
    > looked at. Would you mind recommending some?

    VCTF-AggressiveAlleys2004 - classic IMO, a lot of people seem to like it as
    well.
    VCTF-AbattoirIsland - really like it but some may not.
    VCTF-CsDust - fun map, it's a copy of the Dust map from CS though
    VCTF-zX-Gallery - Didn't like it at first, but it grew on me.
    VCTF-ACTIONCITY - seems to be played a lot, it's an ok map, manta runs are
    like the main way of getting the flag though

Games Video Games