First budget gaming PC. Hoping it's decent?

joshtomryan

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Just wondering what people think of my new PC.

-:What I could do to improve it without spending any (or much) dough.

-:and if there are any components anyone, (in there opinion,) think I should lose.

-Coolermaster Centurion 5 II tower
-Asus M4A87TD USB3 mobo
-Phenom II x6 1090T Black edition PCU
-2x2gb ddr3@1333mhz RAM
-WD 1500hlfs HDD +750gb second HDD?
-Samsung SH-B123A blu-ray driver
-Sapphire Radeon HD5770 GPU
-Antec TP550w PSU

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers, Self proclaimed noob

Solution
1090T Hex Core = video/object modeling
PhII 955BE = gaming

Choose your weapon. Your gaming will be much more dependent upon your video card (as opposed to more 'cores')

MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
There probably isnt a huge difference but most people on here will tell you to get the i5 760 because it is better since not many games are designed to use all 6 cores on the processor.

They are both good for overclocking, i know someone who has his 1090t set at 4.2ghz from stock 3.2ghz and my i5 760 is at 3.8ghz from 2.8ghz (you can get 4ghz i just havent tried) in my opinion i see more overclocking potential in the i5 760 and since its better at stock speeds for gaming then thats the better choice.

joshtomryan

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011

Makes sense.

Cheers mate.

haphestus

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
What games do you want to play?

There are some games that will scale across more than 4 cores, its normally and internal setting within the games .config file that allows this.

An example would be world of Warcraft.

I would agree that the i5 processor is better than the AMD chip as it out performs it in nearly every way when over clocked except in virtual thread hungry programs, but these are not games so you wont be missing out.

It would be worth researching what graphics manufacture supports your favourite game. World of Warcraft runs much better on an NVIDIA GPU and I will be upgrading my own rig to a GTX 570 soon to take advantage of this. :D