Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Cingular says no more 773 numbers, any ideas?

Tags:
  • Cingular
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
April 27, 2005 7:16:39 PM

I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code for
my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
they say none are available?

Thanks
Eric

More about : cingular 773 numbers ideas

April 27, 2005 10:19:44 PM

Eric wrote:
> I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code for
> my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
> they say none are available?
>
> Thanks
> Eric

About a bazillion of us are all wondering what the problem is with a 773
number.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

"Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
> Eric wrote:
>> I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
>> for
>> my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
>> they say none are available?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Eric
>>

> About a bazillion of us are all wondering what the problem is with a 773
> number.
>
> --

Same issue here in the 757 area.
Bought a phone and 2 year contract only to find that everyone trying to call
me would get a "must dial a 1 or 0 , please hang up and try again....".
Cingular did not seem to be to concerned when I called complaining that my
friends/relatives were being charged long-distance to call me. "Nothing we
can do" I was told, "we do not have enough numbers for the area yet".

Seems to me they should be fined just as an airline that knowingly
over-books a flight!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 12:26:38 AM

All you can do is check back with them periodically. There maybe a fee to
change the number later.

"Eric" <eric3@cybnic.com> wrote in message
>I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
>for
> my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
> they say none are available?
>
> Thanks
> Eric

April 28, 2005 2:22:25 AM

PC Medic wrote:
> "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
>
>>Eric wrote:
>>
>>>I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
>>>for
>>>my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
>>>they say none are available?
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Eric
>>>

>>About a bazillion of us are all wondering what the problem is with a 773
>>number.
>>
>>--
>

> Same issue here in the 757 area.
> Bought a phone and 2 year contract only to find that everyone trying to call
> me would get a "must dial a 1 or 0 , please hang up and try again....".
> Cingular did not seem to be to concerned when I called complaining that my
> friends/relatives were being charged long-distance to call me. "Nothing we
> can do" I was told, "we do not have enough numbers for the area yet".
>
> Seems to me they should be fined just as an airline that knowingly
> over-books a flight!

Oh, okay, long distance calling would be an issue for most anyone, but
the original poster didn't mention a long distance problem. Maybe we're
already accustomed to having four different area codes available within
our local calling scope. 214, 817, 469, 904 are a mix of local and long
distance calling schemes, and occasionally someone (usually an
out-of-towner) gets that recording, but it's not an issue that comes up
often. Then again, geographically speaking, 40K sq. miles of local
calling area on Cingular is probably unheard of in other places.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

"Eric" <eric3@cybnic.com> wrote in message
>I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
>for
> my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
> they say none are available?

What part of "None available" don't you understand???

Seems REALLY REALLY clear to me!
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 9:05:41 AM

> Then again, geographically speaking, 40K sq. miles of local
> calling area on Cingular is probably unheard of in other places.

Is there only 40 THOUSAND square miles in the United States (including
Alaska and Hawaii)?????

Seems that on my plan(s) ALL of the United States is a local calling area.
IF you don't have this you probably need to update your plan!
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 3:40:23 PM

I think he is referring to people calling his wireless phone from a
land line phone.
April 28, 2005 3:40:24 PM

Jerome Zelinske wrote:
> I think he is referring to people calling his wireless phone from a
> land line phone.

A gold star for you, sir. Jack is referring to free long distance
calling feature on a service plan, which is good, no doubt. I'm talking
local calling from any phone to any phone regardless of what plan one
has, whether it's a wireless or wireline. As I said, there are four
different area codes used within the local calling scope here - no plan
features are necessary.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I think he is referring to people calling his wireless phone from a land
> line phone.

:-)

Probably, but he needs to say what he means whatdayathink.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 2:36:51 PM

John S wrote:

>>I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
>>for
>>my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
>>they say none are available?
>

> What part of "None available" don't you understand???
> Seems REALLY REALLY clear to me!

No, it's not that "none are available." 773 numbers are out there, they
just need to be secured from NANPA and it would seem that Cingular is
content withdraggin their feet and running out of numbers before they
ask for more. Other carriers seem able to keep pace and have a supply
of numbers on hand... why not Cingular?

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
April 29, 2005 5:46:53 PM

I think he did.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 6:52:27 PM

In article <1174hk3msvpide7@corp.supernews.com>,
Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> No, it's not that "none are available." 773 numbers are out there, they
> just need to be secured from NANPA and it would seem that Cingular is
> content withdraggin their feet and running out of numbers before they
> ask for more. Other carriers seem able to keep pace and have a supply
> of numbers on hand... why not Cingular?

Cingular must have more business than the "other" carriers.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 7:14:07 PM

"Eric" <eric3@cybnic.com> wrote in message
> I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
for
> my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
> they say none are available?
>
> Thanks
> Eric

I Just pulled up a bunch on a dummy number change. Don't know why there's a
problem.

Mark