Cingular says no more 773 numbers, any ideas?

I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code for
my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
they say none are available?

Thanks
Eric
13 answers Last reply
More about cingular numbers ideas

    Eric wrote:
    > I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code for
    > my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
    > they say none are available?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Eric

    About a bazillion of us are all wondering what the problem is with a 773
    number.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    > Eric wrote:
    >> I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
    >> for
    >> my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
    >> they say none are available?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Eric
    >>

    > About a bazillion of us are all wondering what the problem is with a 773
    > number.
    >
    > --

    Same issue here in the 757 area.
    Bought a phone and 2 year contract only to find that everyone trying to call
    me would get a "must dial a 1 or 0 , please hang up and try again....".
    Cingular did not seem to be to concerned when I called complaining that my
    friends/relatives were being charged long-distance to call me. "Nothing we
    can do" I was told, "we do not have enough numbers for the area yet".

    Seems to me they should be fined just as an airline that knowingly
    over-books a flight!

    All you can do is check back with them periodically. There maybe a fee to
    change the number later.

    PC Medic wrote:
    > "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    >
    >>Eric wrote:
    >>
    >>>I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
    >>>for
    >>>my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
    >>>they say none are available?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Eric
    >>>

    >>About a bazillion of us are all wondering what the problem is with a 773
    >>number.
    >>
    >>--
    >

    > Same issue here in the 757 area.
    > Bought a phone and 2 year contract only to find that everyone trying to call
    > me would get a "must dial a 1 or 0 , please hang up and try again....".
    > Cingular did not seem to be to concerned when I called complaining that my
    > friends/relatives were being charged long-distance to call me. "Nothing we
    > can do" I was told, "we do not have enough numbers for the area yet".
    >
    > Seems to me they should be fined just as an airline that knowingly
    > over-books a flight!

    Oh, okay, long distance calling would be an issue for most anyone, but
    the original poster didn't mention a long distance problem. Maybe we're
    already accustomed to having four different area codes available within
    our local calling scope. 214, 817, 469, 904 are a mix of local and long
    distance calling schemes, and occasionally someone (usually an
    out-of-towner) gets that recording, but it's not an issue that comes up
    often. Then again, geographically speaking, 40K sq. miles of local
    calling area on Cingular is probably unheard of in other places.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    "Eric" <eric3@cybnic.com> wrote in message
    >I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
    >for
    > my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
    > they say none are available?

    What part of "None available" don't you understand???

    Seems REALLY REALLY clear to me!

    > Then again, geographically speaking, 40K sq. miles of local
    > calling area on Cingular is probably unheard of in other places.

    Is there only 40 THOUSAND square miles in the United States (including
    Alaska and Hawaii)?????

    Seems that on my plan(s) ALL of the United States is a local calling area.
    IF you don't have this you probably need to update your plan!

    I think he is referring to people calling his wireless phone from a
    land line phone.

    Jerome Zelinske wrote:
    > I think he is referring to people calling his wireless phone from a
    > land line phone.

    A gold star for you, sir. Jack is referring to free long distance
    calling feature on a service plan, which is good, no doubt. I'm talking
    local calling from any phone to any phone regardless of what plan one
    has, whether it's a wireless or wireline. As I said, there are four
    different area codes used within the local calling scope here - no plan
    features are necessary.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    "Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > I think he is referring to people calling his wireless phone from a land
    > line phone.

    :-)

    Probably, but he needs to say what he means whatdayathink.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    John S wrote:

    >>I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
    >>for
    >>my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
    >>they say none are available?
    >

    > What part of "None available" don't you understand???
    > Seems REALLY REALLY clear to me!

    No, it's not that "none are available." 773 numbers are out there, they
    just need to be secured from NANPA and it would seem that Cingular is
    content withdraggin their feet and running out of numbers before they
    ask for more. Other carriers seem able to keep pace and have a supply
    of numbers on hand... why not Cingular?

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    I think he did.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    In article <1174hk3msvpide7@corp.supernews.com>,
    Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > No, it's not that "none are available." 773 numbers are out there, they
    > just need to be secured from NANPA and it would seem that Cingular is
    > content withdraggin their feet and running out of numbers before they
    > ask for more. Other carriers seem able to keep pace and have a supply
    > of numbers on hand... why not Cingular?

    Cingular must have more business than the "other" carriers.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "Eric" <eric3@cybnic.com> wrote in message
    > I live and work in the 773 area code but have been given a 312 area code
    for
    > my new RAZR. Any ideas how to shake loose a 773 number from Cingular if
    > they say none are available?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Eric

    I Just pulled up a bunch on a dummy number change. Don't know why there's a
    problem.

    Mark

Cingular Internet Service Providers