Lynnfield vs bloomfield

for a new computer build (excluding the new sandybridge) which is better and what are the main reasons to go with one or the other, lynnfield or bloomfield? thanks!
9 answers Last reply
More about lynnfield bloomfield
  1. Bloomfield have triple channel memory while Lynnfield has dual channel. It doesn't make any difference in real world performance.

The Bloomfield CPUs are clocked higher but you can overclock any Lynnfield i7 or i5 quad just as high.

I always suggest going for the Lynnfield.
  2. Sandybridge!
  3. cool i was looking at the i7-870 or the i7-950 and i think you guys convinced me to the 870. i do gaming and photoshop and with that and an ssd should i be good? thanks
  4. ^+1
  5. so is the i7-870 better then the i5-760 or is it just the i7 on lynnfield compared to those on bloomfield
  6. http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1665/intel_core_i7_memory_analysis_can_dual_channel_cut_it/index5.html

"When it came down to it, there was very little difference between triple and dual channel modes here and it seems that the cores aren't able to really saturate triple channel any more than dual channel. As the CPU is doing a huge amount of work, the memory is kept clear a lot of the time."

It doesn't make a difference.
  7. so in real world usage, some photoshop some gaming mostly hd movies and general computer use, would there be much difference in the 870 and 950? i dont really care about an upgrade path because i plan to build a newer computer in about 2 years with whatever new motherboards and cpu's are available. so im just wanting something for the next two years and if its not a noticeable difference i dont wanna pay alot more! thanks again
  8. npowers86 said:
    so in real world usage, some photoshop some gaming mostly hd movies and general computer use, would there be much difference in the 870 and 950? i dont really care about an upgrade path because i plan to build a newer computer in about 2 years with whatever new motherboards and cpu's are available. so im just wanting something for the next two years and if its not a noticeable difference i dont wanna pay alot more! thanks again

Whether you go for the 870 or the 950, you will be getting very similar CPU power at your disposal anyway.

I went for Lynnfield over Bloomfield simply because I couldn't see the point of the extra heat and electricity consumption that comes with Bloomfield, but others aren't concerned by this, so . . . . . . .
  9. Chad Boga said:
    Whether you go for the 870 or the 950, you will be getting very similar CPU power at your disposal anyway.

I went for Lynnfield over Bloomfield simply because I couldn't see the point of the extra heat and electricity consumption that comes with Bloomfield, but others aren't concerned by this, so . . . . . . .

cool thanks for the reply. as long as my board and processor dont see much differences day to day that is what i want. i am not going to go with 3 or 4 gpu's and wont do really much video editing at all and i know those are the only places where real differences are seen or thats what ive heard
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Sandy Bridge Computers Bloomfield