VCC
DATA-
DATA+
GRD
And I put it into one of the things that's supossed to help you that says
VCC
USBO-
USBO+
GRD (I had to put it in backwards so that they would match, is this normal?)

The other side says
USBOC
GND
USB1+
USB1-
VCC

I know it will go in one of the USB slots but will it work if I don't have anything of the other side?
And I only have one place to connect sound and some guy said I was supossed to connect both the Ac97 and HDAudio connectors, is this true or do I only have to do one?
And lastly, what happens if I out any of these in the wrong way, will my motherboard die or will my pc just not start.

Solution
Cool, Those pics make it really easy. Just plug the cable in to the adapter making sure to matchup VCC and GND. You don't have to have the labels on the cable connector facing out. Just get the VCC and GND in the right place and it will work.

Then simply insert the 10pin connector into the USB 2.0 header on your motherboard. It will only go in one way.

Doctor_Den

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

As for the Ac97 and HDAudio. I recently built my own PC and only connected the HDAudio as I have a HD Audio setup. I don't think you can connect both, but I wouldn't see the point as the HD audio can handle everything.
Also as for plugging things in the wrong just be care full not to plug a USB into your firewall and vice versa as that could cause a Mobo short.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
That Connector is a single USB 2.0 Connector designed to go into one side of the Dual USB 2.0 header on your mother board. It will work fine as long as you plug it in correctly. Does the cable connector have five pins with one of the pins blocked. If it does then you should only be able to plug it into the USB0 side of the connector.

AS far as whether you use AC97 or HD Audio, Ther is only one connector here that can be configured in BIOS to operate as AC97 or HD Audio. I recommend using HD Audio unless your case connector is specifies AC97 only (extremely unlikely).

Lastly, DO NOT ever plug in a cable backwards. In order to do so you would almost certainly have to force it because, in modern computers, every connector and header is keyed to allow them to be connected only when the keys and all pins are matched up.

CaptainPlus

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
There is a full USB (with one of the pins missing) then there is this:
img00511t.jpg

Then I should plug it into this:
img00751c.jpg
But the only way I will get the VCC and GND wires to allign will be to turn what is in the first picture around so that the letters are facing the other way.

This is the other side of the second picture just incase.
img00761w.jpg

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
Cool, Those pics make it really easy. Just plug the cable in to the adapter making sure to matchup VCC and GND. You don't have to have the labels on the cable connector facing out. Just get the VCC and GND in the right place and it will work.

Then simply insert the 10pin connector into the USB 2.0 header on your motherboard. It will only go in one way.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.