Sign in with
Your question

Nostromo N52TE with Windows 7 64bits diagonal problem

Last response: in Components
February 17, 2011 7:21:42 PM

hello there, i'm using a N52TE :)  i have Windows 7 / 64bits and i have some weird problem...

i'm with the last firmware / and 2.1.1 ( i obviously tried 2.1.2) driver but when i use the N52TE editor and try to change the original configuration then the diagonal joypad dont work...
so i cant bind the key i want ( like change the scroll up / scroll down into keys like A F or what ever )
if i try to change the original bind and click on APPLY CHANGES ( when i dont apply changes there is no problem ), then the diagonal pad dont work, everything work but not the diagonal move :-/
to make the diagonal move work back i need to uninstall the driver and reinstall it ...

so if i want to have the diagonal i have to use the orignal configuration and if i want to bind keys i want, i cant use diagonal move ..

any advices ?

( btw sry for my bad english :(  )
February 18, 2011 4:29:14 AM

Hello, and welcome to THG.

sounds like you need to go to a higher Driver? I may have missed it but, did you use the 2.1.2?
February 18, 2011 8:30:32 AM

dogman_1234 said:
Hello, and welcome to THG.

sounds like you need to go to a higher Driver? I may have missed it but, did you use the 2.1.2?

i tried every driver / firmware combo with XP SP3 / Vista SP2 compatibility

after some test it appear i dont really need to reinstall the driver, but i need to reinstall the firmware every time i modify the bind. but every time i reinstall the firmware i still have the original configuration of N52TE..

does someone know if i can modify the firmware file profile ? to have the bind i want like if it was the original bind ?
sound like hardcore mb :lol: 
Related resources
February 18, 2011 12:44:06 PM

Sorry. You cannot rewrite the firmware. Doing so will damage the device.
February 18, 2011 1:52:15 PM

ok,

i find something to help if people have same problem as mine,
dont really fix the problem but can help with some games, if i save the changes diagonal dont work but i disable the diagonal key the the nostromo editor and in some games diagonal work ... weird ^^
!