HD 5850 Upgrade Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelt

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
AMD Phenon 9850 Quad Core Black Addtion 2.5 GHz
OCZ Platnum DDR2 1066/800 @800
Mother Board: [Gigabyte url=http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2695#ov][/url GA- MA790X DS4]
Nvidia GTX 285
Corsair 750 Watt PS
1 Sata Drive 1 IDE Drive 1 DVD Drive.

I purchased 2x XFX HD5850 to run in crossfire. At first I had issues getting the system to post because the ram would not seat correctly even though it appeared to be completely seated. -- Fluke? Ram Issue? Motherboard issue?

After swapping the ram around the only way I got the system to post was with ram in slots 1 & 4.

In windows after uninstalling my Nvidia driver I restarted the system, and upon re-entering windows the system randomly restarted. After I got the ATI drivers going I attempt to run Final Fantasy 14, which ends at the character screen restarting the computer. I thought it was a fluke at first, but then I attempted ARMA II, and Left for Dead, all resulting with the sytem restarting. The games all played very very well while I was in.

So, thinking the issue I have could be Power Supply related, I took out one of the graphics cards. I started up Left for Dead and the same thing happened again.

So then I removed the the RAM and attempted to place them in Slots 1 & 3, as prior to the upgrade that is where the ram was and was stable. After the system failed to post I swapped the ram back to 1 & 4 which worked prior, and the system failed to post again, this time, it's as though there is no power at all. The fans twich a little bit... but that is it. No Smoke, No Smell, Just nothing but a few twitching fans.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Skelt

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Bump-#- Anyone? Just took everything apart, uplugged everything but the mother board attempted to start, it's as if the power supply doesn't even attempt to turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.