F1 2010 absurd fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
anybody out here who's got this game on a gtx460? in-race fps never goes beyond 50fps regardless of detail settings (low to ultra). i'm still on the practice session in sakhir.

and for those with an ati card, i assume you dont have this problem? dirt, dirt2, grid ran so well on my previous ati cards.

im perplexed.

Solution
I have sli 460, but they don't work that hard, probably not optimized yet. I got near the same fps with one 460. The game is not capped. Is the op playing in dx11, you can change the config and play dx9, just like Dirt 2.
I also don't think the game is very polished. I haven't decided if I'm going to play through.
F1_2010_game2010-09-2909-49-36-23.jpg

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
if that's the case hopefully a patch will fix it. perhaps a driver update.

tried a full race, and with 24 cars in a scene the fps is the same with my practice session.
i need 60fps constant in a racing game. what sucks is that the gpu usage is @ 60%.

any ati user out there?

Did you even read my reply ?
Try turning off the V-sync, if your FPS is still stuck at 50,then like dipankar mentioned,look for the game's configuration .ini file and there should be an option for max FPS.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
@dalta Split second was designed to be played at 30flps thats why it felt smooth.Bad company 2 fls are uncapped which means higher the flps smoother gameplay.Though 60 or 75 flps most monitor can display.
f l p s?
Are you saying fps or something completely different, because you say flps and fls throughout that post.

notty22

Distinguished
I have sli 460, but they don't work that hard, probably not optimized yet. I got near the same fps with one 460. The game is not capped. Is the op playing in dx11, you can change the config and play dx9, just like Dirt 2.
I also don't think the game is very polished. I haven't decided if I'm going to play through.
F1_2010_game2010-09-2909-49-36-23.jpg

Solution

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

i'll try that when i get home immediately. so it appears that this another one of those games that automatically forces the highest dx version.

Status
Not open for further replies.