Sign in with
Your question

ATIKMDAG.sys Causing BSOD with HIS Radeon 5670 512mb DDR5

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 29, 2010 10:10:19 AM

After recently purchasing this GPU and installing it. After playing games such as WoW(World of Warcraft) for 5-10 minutes, just walking around. I get a BSOD relating to the file "ATIKMDAG.sys" i have never gotten this with any other card, i am currently using a backup Radeon 2600XT. Nor did i see it with my old GTX280 (the nvidia counterpart for the error atleast)

After browsing the internet, it seems this error has been existant for a while now. So i am curious if there are any fixes as of yet.

System specs:
ASUS M4n82 Deluxe
AMD Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.1Ghz
OCZ Platinum Revision RAM x 4gb
Kingwin 750w PSU
ATi Radeon 2600XT
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 29, 2010 11:12:15 AM

Yes its a common error, sometimes a fresh install of OS,installing the latest VGA drivers, disabling windows Aero(in Vista and 7) helps, but sometimes it can't be fixed because the GPU is defective.
m
l
September 29, 2010 1:53:38 PM

Thanks, I've just recently reinstalled my OS. is there any way to know the card is defective or if it lies on the software side of things?
m
l
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 29, 2010 6:26:07 PM

Try running some games/GPU intensive apps and if it failed, then try other things that i posted above,if none helped then its probably defective and you need to RMA.
m
l
!