ATIKMDAG.sys Causing BSOD with HIS Radeon 5670 512mb DDR5

After recently purchasing this GPU and installing it. After playing games such as WoW(World of Warcraft) for 5-10 minutes, just walking around. I get a BSOD relating to the file "ATIKMDAG.sys" i have never gotten this with any other card, i am currently using a backup Radeon 2600XT. Nor did i see it with my old GTX280 (the nvidia counterpart for the error atleast)

After browsing the internet, it seems this error has been existant for a while now. So i am curious if there are any fixes as of yet.

System specs:
ASUS M4n82 Deluxe
AMD Phenom II x2 550 @ 3.1Ghz
OCZ Platinum Revision RAM x 4gb
Kingwin 750w PSU
ATi Radeon 2600XT
3 answers Last reply
More about atikmdag causing bsod radeon 5670 512mb ddr5
  1. Yes its a common error, sometimes a fresh install of OS,installing the latest VGA drivers, disabling windows Aero(in Vista and 7) helps, but sometimes it can't be fixed because the GPU is defective.
  2. Thanks, I've just recently reinstalled my OS. is there any way to know the card is defective or if it lies on the software side of things?
  3. Try running some games/GPU intensive apps and if it failed, then try other things that i posted above,if none helped then its probably defective and you need to RMA.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Blue Screen World Of Warcraft Radeon Graphics