Sign in with
Your question

Great HPs to go with the Asus Essence ST

Last response: in Components
February 18, 2011 1:09:28 AM

Hi,

I've had my asus essence st running for the past few weeks on some razer makos and definitely noticed a difference from running audio via the mobo (duh). Anyway I know to get the most out of this sound card you need to have some high quality head phones. Currently rocking some creative fatality mk11 that i got cheap on newegg for $35 (pre sound card purchase).

I'd appreciate any feedback on headphones that take advantage of this card for gaming, music, and some movies. Id say my time spent on the pc any givin week breaks down to this 60% gaming, 30% music, 10% movies.

I've only looked at sennheisers so far, the majority of reviews I've read said go with the HD650s for this card, however Id like to know if these are overkill for my purposes and if so, other HPs too look into.

Thanks!

More about : great hps asus essence

February 20, 2011 2:30:12 AM

Seems reasonable. Also, it is all preference.
m
l
February 26, 2011 10:23:44 AM

the HD650 are in the higher end of audio, so it would be nice to use them , with the essence.

i also got the mako for my PC, but i dont think a card that high end would be nessecary. by the way do u use 100% system volume (asus xonar volume)??
m
l
Related resources
February 28, 2011 2:14:27 PM

Quote:
the onboard is the best if you use a digital connection. The sound card when you use a analog connection. Get a pair odds wireless headset like the ones you get on the Xbox use it via Hdmi if your gpu got it

im gonna assume ur replying to the wrong thread.
m
l
March 4, 2011 4:09:22 AM

found the hd650s on ebay for a deal, amazing to say the least - especially with the essence st
m
l
March 4, 2011 4:11:34 AM

MEgamer said:
the HD650 are in the higher end of audio, so it would be nice to use them , with the essence.

i also got the mako for my PC, but i dont think a card that high end would be nessecary. by the way do u use 100% system volume (asus xonar volume)??

Right now i have my xonar volume at 50% and use the mako volume for increasing. I think I read thats the way to go since system volume at 100% could create static in the background (please fill me in if Im wrong because it would be good to know)

m
l
March 4, 2011 8:12:06 AM

statz22 said:
Right now i have my xonar volume at 50% and use the mako volume for increasing. I think I read thats the way to go since system volume at 100% could create static in the background (please fill me in if Im wrong because it would be good to know)

well volume 100% is used for bitperfect playback, when u have the right settings.
m
l
!