gamer00156

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Hello,

I got a m4a89gtd pro mobo with a 4X4 Gb ripjaw 1333 mhz from G.Skill. I had this configuration running for 2 weeks but after that when i clomplete shut down my comp it wouldn't post. So i did a jumper and a cmos reset and both didnt work, after that i cleaned my memory and my memory slot after that again it didnt work, also i tried every of the 4 dimms in every slot and again no post. The only thing i get is one long and then 2 short beeps and a dram_light is burning. this light is supposed to burn when there is an error with reading/writing to the memory. I don't know what to do anymore so anyone an idea?

Gamer

dayto11

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

Your very lucky
Asus has memok and has worked wonders for me
turn off ur pc and look for a little red or black button near ur ram
hold it down and 1s it starts flashing ur pc should turn on and it should work i hope

gamer00156

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
i tested the thing above but this isnt working for me, so i read the manual and there stood that this wouldnt work with Windows os?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

It is a possibility that this will work. The memok switch is kind of like a reset switch and can set the memory back to a working default config. If it works and you get into the BIOS, make sure everything is set to default/stock settings. Then go through this troubleshooting guide to narrow down your problem:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

gamer00156

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
I tried the memok button several times now and still the memok is burning, all fans will spin and such but no bios.

Sorry for triple post but chrome was crashing and sended it 3 times

gamer00156

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Yes and still no bios, but a friend of my said that i have to buy a memory from the QVL (the supported memory list) and go with this memory into bios and edit the stuff there so that my other memory could work fine

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The memory you have is pretty stock and you should have no compatibility issues with it. Since it fails, with only one stick, I would suspect that your mobo is defective at this point.

dayto11

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

to use memok
1:turn off computer
2:find memok button
3: hold button down
4:release after a red led or some led turns on after holding
5: wait and hope