X-Fi Titanium Delays

nickeagles416

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Hi,
Ive been looking for a solution for months now and need a little help. I have a 7.1 surround sound system. It is an all-in-one bluray combo so it is its own receiver. This limits the options i have as far as inputs. I bought a creative x-fi titanium and want to play my games in 7.1 or at least 5.1 surround sound. The only way a can get the speakers to play individual parts out of each speaker is if i use DTS or Dolby Digital Live. The only way i can hook my computer into the receiver is with the digital audio cable. This is what Ive heard is causing the delays, using the digital input. When i use DDL there is a very noticeable delay with the audio and the back and side speakers repeat the same thing all the time. If i use DTS, i cant even get any sound to play. If i don't use an encoder, every speaker, even the front plays the same thing. Is there anyway i can get these speakers connected to the sound card with the four analog jacks so there are no delays and it is real surround sound, or is there anyway to get it to work with the digital audio cable. Thanks

nickeagles416

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
the wires that go to the speakers on the wall have special ends on them that clip into the all-in-one reciever. Would i be able to just run split wires off of the speaker cable and put my own RCA ends on them or would i have to have them connected to some other receiver or amp?

From personal experiance, I've never had a problem using DDL/DTS-Connect, but that was on ASUS cards, and not Creative.

The sides and rear repeating might have to do with the fact that Dolby Digital is a 5.1 format. Its possible both the repeating audio and audio delays are due to some speaker setting ["Speaker fill" or some other feature, for instance?]

nickeagles416

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Ya, But even though its repeating it is still delayed. I read this is a problem with creative cards when using a digital connection but do you know of anyway i can hook my speakers into my sound card with the jacks and have an analog connection with my current setup?

Not offhand no, unless your willing to convert from optical to 3.5mm via some form of device.

Again, I haven't used Creative cards in YEARS [due to various issues], but I can attest I never ran into any form of delays on my ASUS Xonar D2 when using DDL/DTS-C over optical.