Sign in with
Your question

Auzen X-Meridian 2g review

Last response: in Components
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 18, 2011 11:24:27 AM

http://www.guru3d.com/article/auzen-xmeridian-71-2g-sou...

Looks like it time to retire the ASUS Xonar D2/D2X from my recommended list. Been a while since we had a top-tier card that had seperate Line-in, Mic-in, and SPDIF-in ports too...

Its interesting how Auzen went back to the C-Media CMI8788 "Oxygen" chipset though...

More about : auzen meridian review

February 18, 2011 3:28:01 PM

damn.... maybe i should get this??? :) 
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 18, 2011 6:24:37 PM

Yes! never been happier since switching to Auzentech!
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 19, 2011 6:57:19 AM

I need to figure out if this will fit in my only uncovered PCI slot. I'm seriously considering selling my D2X and swapping over. I might be able to make up over half the cost of the new one...
m
l
March 2, 2012 7:32:45 PM

I've had this card about 3 weeks now. It's missing some of the "gaming" features that an X-fi boasts but I'm not a gamer, but understand what X-fi has and this card does not. I think it was EAX effects and OpenAL. This card has a functional ASIO 2.0 driver (8 channels, up to 192khz, up to 32 bit).

Sound quality is good with stock 5532DD op-amps but somewhat hard and bright although very well detailed, immediate and forward sounding. High end "sizzle" has quite a bit of edge. Replaced with LM4562 op-amps and sounded too laid back. Put in LME49860's and I was in heaven - snap and immediacy of the 5532DD with no shrillness or high-end edge. Tried Burr Brown OPA2134's after. Lacked midrange presence, the bottom end was a bit "tubby" - bloomed but not quite bloated. High-end was 'so-so' - definately not shrill or edgy but the opposite - it was there, but was not involving. So far the LME49860 is the clear winner here.

I am using this card to drive a single pair of 3-way speakers with a stereo subwoofer output (8 channels total). I am not using it for games or home theatre or your normal uses, but sound quality wise I think it has more potential than a stock X-fi, better board layout, better caps and better power supply. The card seems (over-all) much cleaner with improved imaging and detail retrieval ability.

Paid $130 for this card from Canadian online retailer. Money well spent.
Op-amps cost $70 delivered for the 3-sets. Worth the money to experiment with.
m
l
March 5, 2012 11:55:24 PM

Is this card good for recording?? and by recording I mean recording voices
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 6, 2012 11:05:19 AM

^^ Ok I would imagine, but most soundcards focus more on output quality then input. M-Audio or other "studio" brands tend to be better on the input side.
m
l
March 7, 2012 1:51:01 AM

gamerk316 said:
^^ Ok I would imagine, but most soundcards focus more on output quality then input. M-Audio or other "studio" brands tend to be better on the input side.

thats good to know. I'm trying to find a good card for gaming,recording and output and I saw the meridian and it looks good. I'm just afraid to get it and its not what I expected. If someone could tell me that it is good for recording without noise in the background like hissing. It would be much appreciated
m
l
March 11, 2012 9:15:58 PM

If you can find this card its one of the best I have ever had (Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1)
Music, gaming, recording, but its a PCI card.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 12, 2012 1:53:23 AM

^ discontinued years ago and replaced by the Forte!
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
March 12, 2012 3:37:32 PM

^^ Almost all C-Media based chipsets are better then the X-fi lineup, mostly due to the cheap components Creative uses. The Titanium HD is really the only competitive card of the bunch, and even then its hard to recommend over the ASUS Essence ST/STX or HT Omega Claro Halo XT [its competition in that space].

And I refuse to even bring up the Recon3D line; those cards are horrid.
m
l
!