Closed Solved

Asus P6X58D-E Red Power Light?

The small power light on the bottom left of my Asus P6X58D-E is red. It's been like this for a couple weeks since I installed it, and it won't go away - I assume this means something is wrong because I think it's supposed to be green? Anyone know what could be wrong? My computer seems to be running fine.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus p6x58d power light
  1. Nope, I believe it is just a built in power button that is lit with a red LED. Mine is red, has been for the entire time I've owned it (since early summer).
  2. Depends on the LED, if it's the 'Onboard Power-on switch' SWITCH LED {like a vertical U with a line in the center} then hope that it's on; only bottom-left item I can think of. Otherwise you need to be specific, see 2-2 of the manual.
  3. Yeah it's the onboard power switch...And that's odd that it's red, usually red means bad! And it totally doesn't match the color scheme inside of my case, haha.
  4. Yeah, everything else on the board is blue or black. It would have been neat if the switch were red when off (standby) and green or blue when on.
  5. Best answer
    Cut a tiny square of a decal or electrical tape and cover it.

Yeah, I agree it 'should' have been blue.
  6. What a smart idea! Thank you :)
  7. Best answer selected by Peacho.
  8. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Light Power Motherboards