Just making sure this will all work together, and looking for any ways to improve price/performance.
Approximate Purchase Date: soon!
Budget Range: 1300 Before Rebates
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, movies, general usage. I tend to run many applications at once.
Parts Not Required: KB, mouse, monitor, speakers, storage HD
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: always gone with newegg, but I can go elsewhere
Country of Origin: US
Parts Preferences: none
Overclocking: Probably not
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080
- Ease of installation and reliability are my biggest concerns.
- I'd like to put OS and some applications on an SSD
- I went with the Cosmos case because I figure it'll help to have the extra room, and the wife would grumble at an LED-encrusted Antec. I'm open to a comparably subtle case though.
I also have some questions about shipping:
- Will UPS cut it? I've read some people don't trust them to ship HDDs - I don't know if that applies to any of these parts.
- I live way north, and can't get my packages until after work. Is it any problem that this stuff could be sitting out in the freezing cold for a few hours?