Sign in with
Your question

Hd4870..... wanna upgrad lcd??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 30, 2010 4:44:29 AM

hey guys well i have hd4870 and has hdmi port as some of you know and want to buy a good LCD that has hdmi with l080 resolution
so any suggestions ??? i heard about px2370 but some say related issue with 'black level ' so any opinion i would be appreciated
September 30, 2010 5:50:27 AM

and for my hd4870 would it good with 1080p or i need to change that too??
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 6:12:29 AM

Hd4870 is still good to handle most of games with HD monitor, it might can't maxed out everything but still can play with decent setting (med/high).
Stay with your current card, if you feels that you need more power then you can upgrade your card to HD5850/GTX470 to see fps improvement from HD4870. :) 
m
l
Related resources
September 30, 2010 8:34:16 AM

Quote:
I wonder how much flps it will get.Less than 40 in most games.

well i get 75 fps while playing cod4 with 1280x1024 cod 6 i don't exactly remember but was like 40 or 45 with high setting crysis these one i lost alot of fsp with it :(  lol any way its good card but not for high setting for every game out there

but i need 1080p hd lcd would you recommed me monitor that is has very good quality and flawless in the same time
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 8:40:20 AM

CoD isn't demanding game, so with HD4870 on HD monitor i'm sure you will get decent (30+fps) setting [rest of specs must good too].

well, what is your budget for this new monitor?
m
l
September 30, 2010 10:28:27 AM

Quote:
Lg and samsung makes great Lcd monitor.Just go to there website and select the monitor you like which is within your budget.

but i hear alot of people say samsung isn't cool or very good one ! ! !
m
l
September 30, 2010 10:30:45 AM

wa1 said:
CoD isn't demanding game, so with HD4870 on HD monitor i'm sure you will get decent (30+fps) setting [rest of specs must good too].

well, what is your budget for this new monitor?

well my budget is 200 to 350 $ is there any monitor worth that price ??
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 10:47:06 AM

Samsung is one of the best brand...
Who's said that samsung isn't cool and good?
m
l
September 30, 2010 10:56:44 AM

wa1 said:
Samsung is one of the best brand...
Who's said that samsung isn't cool and good?

well i did like samsung px2370 but a lot of guys on youtube said unsupported comment and the review guy said about
black level issue so what you and also said stay away from these one
m
l
September 30, 2010 11:00:50 AM

but samsung px2370 for the price is't ips but its look cool monitor and view great pictures and movies
m
l
September 30, 2010 11:07:44 AM

Quote:
They have hundreds of model.Some are good some bad.Its the same with all manufractures.They are the best.Other manufractures uses there panel to make there monitor.

so is it worth the price because its 299$ or there is another monitor and better for that price ?
m
l
a c 365 U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 4:05:02 PM

Quote:
Samsung makes the best lcd panel.Acer,dell actually uses there panel. Who told you that?Lg is great also using lg lcd monitor for 4 years

Who makes the best LCD panel is debateable.

I think LG makes the best LCD panels because they produce IPS panels.
m
l
a c 365 U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 4:30:26 PM

The HD 4870 is still a very capable video card. It is only one generation old and it was considered to be a high end single GPU video card at that time.

As for a possible monitor in your price range. I would recommend you take a look at the Dell U2311H which is currently on sale for $289.

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=...

It uses an e-IPS panel which has better colors and viewing angles than a TN panel monitor which is what most people recommend to price conscious gamers. IPS panel also tend to have better black levels than TN panels. e-IPS is a less expensive version of the typical IPS panel.

Response times are a bit slower than TN panels; 8ms vs 2ms or 5ms for most TN panels. This can lead to higher chances of ghosting. Input lag (time lag between your mouse / key movement and when they appear on the screen) is 10.6ms which is pretty fast for typical IPS panels and is also considered faster than average for TN panels.

See following review:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2311h.htm

Generally speaking, TN panel monitors maybe better for games than IPS panel monitors. But gaming on IPS panel monitors is still good to very good and IPS panel monitors can beat TN panel monitors at everything else (well... excluding price).
m
l
October 1, 2010 2:34:19 AM

jaguarskx said:
The HD 4870 is still a very capable video card. It is only one generation old and it was considered to be a high end single GPU video card at that time.

As for a possible monitor in your price range. I would recommend you take a look at the Dell U2311H which is currently on sale for $289.

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=...

It uses an e-IPS panel which has better colors and viewing angles than a TN panel monitor which is what most people recommend to price conscious gamers. IPS panel also tend to have better black levels than TN panels. e-IPS is a less expensive version of the typical IPS panel.

Response times are a bit slower than TN panels; 8ms vs 2ms or 5ms for most TN panels. This can lead to higher chances of ghosting. Input lag (time lag between your mouse / key movement and when they appear on the screen) is 10.6ms which is pretty fast for typical IPS panels and is also considered faster than average for TN panels.

See following review:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2311h.htm

Generally speaking, TN panel monitors maybe better for games than IPS panel monitors. But gaming on IPS panel monitors is still good to very good and IPS panel monitors can beat TN panel monitors at everything else (well... excluding price).

thaks for help ...........i have saw the dell but its 8ms what u think about Asus MS246H or view ViewSonic VX2739wm any ideas
m
l
!