Asus M3A32 MVP-Deluxe

swooshrp

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
I recently tried upgrading my ram from 4gb to 8gb. After trying the first time, I find out I had bad ram, I ordered a second type. When installing the 4 sticks, I once again got BSODs. Currently I seem to be running stable with using 2 sticks, so it may be bad memory again???

I have 3 questions.

1) Could setting the timinge be the issue?

2) Would a bios update be crucial in this situation?

3) Trying to update my bios, I am getting a message stating I have the wrong version (32bit vs 64bit). Would upgrading from a 32 bit Vista to 64 bit Windows 7 be causing that message? Is there any other way to get a bios update or more specifically opening a .rom file?

Motherboard:
Asus M3A32 MVP Deluxe

Ram:
Kingston KST KVR800D2N6K2 2GB per

Thanks for your time and responses!

Solution
Check your memory timings and voltage in the AMI BIOS Setup Utility to see if they match the following:

Kingston KVR800D2N6K2

Cas Latency Time (tCL): 6
Ras to Cas Delay (tRCD): 6
Ras Precharge (tRP): 6
Precharge Delay (tRAS): 18
RAS Cycle Time (tRC): 24
Command Rate (tCR): 2T <--- In your BIOS Setup it is called 2T Mode. Set it to [Enabled]
DRAM Voltage: 1.8 V <-------- In your BIOS Setup it is called DDR Voltage. It should be set to at least 1.80V
Check your memory timings and voltage in the AMI BIOS Setup Utility to see if they match the following:

Kingston KVR800D2N6K2

Cas Latency Time (tCL): 6
Ras to Cas Delay (tRCD): 6
Ras Precharge (tRP): 6
Precharge Delay (tRAS): 18
RAS Cycle Time (tRC): 24
Command Rate (tCR): 2T <--- In your BIOS Setup it is called 2T Mode. Set it to [Enabled]
DRAM Voltage: 1.8 V <-------- In your BIOS Setup it is called DDR Voltage. It should be set to at least 1.80V

Solution

swooshrp

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
I am currently using two different set of sticks, but so far I am stable. Only when I used all same four (Kingston) referenced above did I start getting BSOD.

I checked my timings and updated them to the suggested timings. I previously had 6-5-5-18-24. Interestingly, my voltage was way up, not sure if the Pc auto configured this or I somehow did it myself. It is now set to 1.8v.