Shadowen925

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I've noticed that when my screen has darker colors up it dims the display. Then when it has lighter colors up the display brightens.

Here's an example, I have a black desktop. When I open google chrome to my white home page I can see the start bar light up as the screen gets brighter. Then, when I minimize chrome, there is a brief pause and then the start bar gets dimmer. It's almost like a dynamic contrast, but in reverse. When the screen gets darker the display dims and then lighter, brighter. It's noticeable during movies when the scene changes from a bright one to a darker one.

This is driving me insane. It does this on my SAMSUNG SyncMaster 226BW (DVI) as well as my 47" LG TV (HDMI) but I cannot really tell if it is on my Syncmaster 712n (VGA). The last 17" is going bad and getting screen burn and starting to bleed white form the side.

Also, for a graphics card I have an Nvidia GTX480. I'm running Windows 7 ultimate x64.

Any ideas? thanks a ton.
~Ben

Shadowen925

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Thank you for the help, I was able to figure it out. There is a Dynamic Contrast Mode, that the monitor was set in. It's a different button than the menu so I wasn't able to find it from there. In this dynamic contrast mode, i wasn't able to change the magicolor settings. Once out of the dynamic contrast mode everything worked fine.

Thanks again,
Ben