Upgrade SIM Card

Last response: in Network Providers
April 28, 2005 3:34:39 AM

Can anyone tell me how much Cingular will charge me if I want to upgrade
from a 32k to a 64k SIM card?

More about : upgrade sim card

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 3:34:40 AM

"John W. Barron" <jbarron@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how much Cingular will charge me if I want to
upgrade
> from a 32k to a 64k SIM card?

I had AT&T TDMA service that I discontinued about 4 months ago because
of poor coverage where I live.

I picked up a brand new older model Nokia 6340i that I need to get a
SIM so that I can check out Cingular's GSM service.

I talked with one Cingular reseller today and they told me $25.00.
Another retail store said $27.50. I'm going to check prices at a
Cingular service center tomorrow.

When I spoke with Cingular CS this evening I was told that they just
released a new SIM 2 weeks ago and that the 64k SIMs are obsolete???

They said that they would send me a new SIM for $5.95 S & H if I
signed up by phone.

Chas.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:57:49 AM

$27.50

"John W. Barron" <jbarron@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how much Cingular will charge me if I want to upgrade
> from a 32k to a 64k SIM card?
April 28, 2005 5:25:25 AM

In article <jkVbe.117264$9v2.2891438@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
"John W. Barron" <jbarron@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how much Cingular will charge me if I want to upgrade
> from a 32k to a 64k SIM card?

If you need it, insist they give it to you.

If you don't need it, you don't need it.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 5:16:34 AM

"* * Chas" <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote:

Got a new sim thursday looks like the old one 64k.

April 29, 2005 12:06:19 PM

"city" <city12345@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "* * Chas" <dnafutz@aol.spam.com> wrote:
> >
> Got a new sim thursday looks like the old one 64k.

Same here.

When I tried to get service set up by phone on Wednesday the Cingular
CS person said that they had a new SIM that just came out 2 weeks ago
and the 64k chips were obsolete.

It would have taken up to a week for them to send me one of these
"new" chips so he suggested that I go into a Cingular company store
(vs. a Cingular retailer) to get my phone activated.

The Cingular company store person set up my phone yesterday and said
that the 64k SIMs were the latest. So much for CS!

Chas.
!