Closed Solved

Having weird problems with explorer.exe

my explorer.exe always crash to desktop whenever i open any folder.. i suspected that maybe broken video codecs, etc.. but the problem happen to all folder, infact in my computer folder also..

the case is random but i can always reproduce it by opening a folder and press "backspace" and then "enter" again multiple times and then poof.. explorer.exe crash..

can someone enlighten me on this.. i cant use system restore because i disable it. and i hate to reimage back my c: drive...
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about having weird problems explorer
  1. Delete the MachineThrottling registry entry in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions
  2. nope... there is no MachineThrottling entry at the path
  3. Can you run sfc /scannow in elevated command prompt?

Also check event log and report what you find.

Be prepare. There is a high chance that the solution for this problem is a re-installation of Window.
  4. i run the command but the problem still persist.... how to check event log?
  5. Try running checkDisk... also try doing a "repair" from your windows Cd...
  6. Check event log by typing "event log" in search.
  7. Best answer
    Well, if explorer.exe is borked, you have some really serious problems with your windows install.

How long has this been going on, and when did it start?
  8. i dont know.. it happens when i uninstall Internet Download Manager if im not mistaken... btw i already restored back the windows using the ASUS restore image... there goes all my programs and data ( it reimaged back the C: drive ).. it just weird it happened like that..
  9. Best answer selected by beavermml.
  10. This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Crash Explorer Windows 7