Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia windows 7 64 & not starting

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 30, 2010 9:50:19 AM

I install windows 7 in my nvidia "GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i" board. My PC config is - Intell core 2 duo E8400, Transend 2GB DDR2 RAM. Recently I have updated the display driver (instead of windows one) from my motherboard CD (windows vista 64 display driver). After the 2nd restart, it causes the windows 7 with BSOD and reboot.

Now, I can not see any setup screen while starting machine. And I am unable to enter the setup with entering the DEL key. This scenario has already happens before and repairs the motherboard from service center one time for this reason.

Can anyone help me please instead of repairing the motherboard is there any idea of doing something?
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2010 9:55:47 AM

Yeah, change the motherboard.. There are many cheap LGA 775 motherboards available which feature onboard graphics..
Related resources
a c 168 Î Nvidia
a b $ Windows 7
a b V Motherboard
September 30, 2010 9:57:47 AM

If you can get into safe mode (press f8 while booting up) uninstall the VGA driver and then download and install the one from the Nvidia website.
September 30, 2010 9:59:24 AM

Mousemonkey said:
If you can get into safe mode (press f8 while booting up) uninstall the VGA driver and then download and install the one from the Nvidia website.

And After doing that, follow what mousemonkey said above.
October 1, 2010 8:15:29 AM

Tamz_msc said:
Why did you install the Vista driver when windows already had the driver installed for you?Try resetting Bios by clearing the CMOS. http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS

I am still unable to find a solution. I removed my BIOS battery whole night and put the BIOS jumper at 2-3 and wait for 5 minute but no response. Put the BIOS battery at morning and no response. Please let me know how to reset my BIOS.
October 1, 2010 1:11:37 PM

Then the only solution is to change the motherboard.Or you could buy a cheap graphics card and see if it works.
!