Settled on new Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnt

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Hey Guys,

I've finally done my first build for a pc and I'm about to purchase it in a couple of weeks time.

I'm very confident all is well with the build since I've been finding some real gems of info from this forum but I would love to get some feedback before I take the plunge.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

Motherboard - Asus M4A89TD-PRO-USB3
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Graphics - Sapphire HD6850 1G GDDR5 PCIE HDMI DP (x2 for cf)
Memory - Corsair CMX8GX3M4B1333C9 8GB 1333MHZ (x2)
PSU - SeaSonic S12D 750W 80 silver
HDD - WD 1TB FAEX Black 64MB (x2)
CASE - NZXT Phantom (White)
OPTICAL - LGE BH10LS30 Black BlueRay
KEYBOARD - Logitech K120 USB Keyboard

So far all my parts will be bought from www.umart.com.au. Cheapest place I know of in Australia and I'm setting a budget of $2K AUD. So far this build comes to $1841.50 AUD and I also plan to OC the video cards.

The pc will be used for gaming (eg Black Ops, Crysis etc...) but also for video work like Adobe After Effects.

I already have Win 7 64bit, mouse & monitor.

Critique away!!

Cheers,
Adrian

Solution
Hey, umart is a pretty good shop I have bought from there. They also offer pcikup, so if your in that area it can save on postage. gocomp.com.au is also good and they are just across the road from umart.

Your build looks pretty nice and optimised for your needs. Though your not getting 16GB of memory are you? That is WAY overkill, just go with 4 or 8GB and then upgrade it when you need it.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Hey, umart is a pretty good shop I have bought from there. They also offer pcikup, so if your in that area it can save on postage. gocomp.com.au is also good and they are just across the road from umart.

Your build looks pretty nice and optimised for your needs. Though your not getting 16GB of memory are you? That is WAY overkill, just go with 4 or 8GB and then upgrade it when you need it.

Solution

dnt

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Cheers Wolygon. Good to get the confirmation that all is well with the build. Yeah umart is about 10min drive from work hehehe :) I'll check out gocomp and see how they are.

I spoke to our graphic designer at work and he's looking to get 16GB to do the same video work so I'm going to learn so I'm off with his recommendation since rendering the scenes a few hours. He's trying to go for a 32GB memory config from HP but work won't allow him hehehe :)

I'll look into the video product memory requirements and see how I go if it's really needed or not.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Yeah ok, its not hard to upgrade the memory so I you could just get 8GB then if you need it add the extra kit.

gocomp often has less stuff and is more often out of stock though their prices are sometimes much lower, depending. With both of the shops you really can't go wrong on prices.

Glad I could help, good luck. If you need any help with the build you could just chuck it up here and I'll have a look. :)

dnt

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Cheers for the offer! It was a bit daunting to build my own pc when you had to check everything was compatible. It doesn't help when the manufacturers aren't up to date with their compatibility lists!

I've tweaked the system a bit and go with the 8GB for now and just get another 8GB down the track (as well as cheaper), only got 1 HDD (have external HDD for backup) and changed the keyboard to the Logitech G15 so it's now $1649. Not bad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.