Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire Vapor-x HD5770 compatible with current system ?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Compatibility
  • Sapphire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 1:23:03 PM

Hello,

I bought a Acer Aspire M3802 about a year ago. It comes with a Nvidia Geforce GT220, wich just keeps overheating. Even when I'm not running any sofware. I've been looking for a new graphic card and found this one : the SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770. A great card for a casual gamer, with a good cooling system.
So, isthis card compatible with my current system ? Is it a problem if the chip of my motherboard is set to nvidia cards ? Will I need to buy another power supply ?

Here's some links with info :

http://www.kieskeurig.nl/pc/acer/aspire_m3802/885814/

Thanks!

More about : sapphire vapor hd5770 compatible current system

a b U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 1:35:29 PM

There won't be any issues with installing a Radeon card over an Nvidia card as long as you remove and change the drivers from Nvidia to AMD.
a c 273 U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 1:35:51 PM

Quote:
Hello,

I bought a Acer Aspire M3802 about a year ago. It comes with a Nvidia Geforce GT220, wich just keeps overheating. Even when I'm not running any sofware. I've been looking for a new graphic card and found this one : the SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD5770. A great card for a casual gamer, with a good cooling system.
So, isthis card compatible with my current system ? Is it a problem if the chip of my motherboard is set to nvidia cards ? Will I need to buy another power supply ?

Here's some links with info :

http://www.kieskeurig.nl/pc/acer/aspire_m3802/885814/

Thanks!

The "chip" is not set to any specific graphic card, you will have to uninstall the Nvidia drivers first then remove the GT220 then fit the HD5770 and install the ATi drivers. Just make sure that the overheating is not being caused by bad airflow otherwise the problem will just return with the new card.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 2:03:02 PM

Thanks for your answers, guys. What can I do to avoid bad airflow ?
a c 273 U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 2:11:53 PM

A large packet of cable ties and OCD is what works for me. :whistle: 
a b U Graphics card
September 30, 2010 2:27:24 PM

Quote:
Buy a full tower case.And properly manage your cables.

Not the best idea to buy a full tower and transport everything to a new case :s
As long as he a case with 2 fans that allow airflow then he should be fine.
!